Lockheed Martin Facilities Maintenance Manager in Owego, New York
Description: This position is for a Multi-Functional Facility Manager who will lead all Service and Maintenance programs for the campus, infrastructure, systems and equipment located within the approximately 1.7 million square feet facility space at the Owego, NY Campus.
This role will:
• Report directly to the Site Sr. Manager to make sure facility services meet the needs of our site customers
• Manage and ensure compliance with Site Environmental, Health, and Safety standards
• Create, submit, and manage facilities budgets each year per site requirements including facility related capital, headcount, and operational costs
• Be and active and contributing member of the Site Management Team
• Utilize strong leadership ability to promote, lead and execute company objectives for areas of responsibility to include central utility plant, site facility infrastructure maintenance, site production operations maintenance and/or general building maintenance programs
• Lead a cross functional team to implement the maintenance strategy, set the objectives, drive the execution and deliver the results for all building, services and assets at the Owego site
• Drive the implementation and sustainment of a long-term successful maintenance culture while delivering successful results in all day to day functions of an asset management and reliable maintenance program
• Implement a site response plan for all emergency facility related issues 24/7
• Manage team budget, control cost, and manage organization work performance to established metrics
• Improve manpower utilization while driving asset reliability to reduce risks and costs
• Oversee services contract management & service agreements including all non-labor cost management within scope of responsibilities
• Manage work planning to balance all available resources
• Manage Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for PM and CM (Corrective Maintenance) work flow, maintenance history records, and warranty tracking
• Manage Maintenance Acceptance Process from Facility Project Program, so assets are incorporated into Preventive Maintenance program with the right level of care that provides best value while maintaining assets in a reliable ready state in accordance with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles
• Manage site by utilizing KPI’s, compile/analyze/report data, recognize/implement changes for improvement, related to Equipment Reliability
This role will also work with leadership to help define the RMS/Site Maintenance and Reliability Roadmap 2-3 years into the future and be a primary driver behind its delivery and implementation into the Owego Maintenance Culture. This will include:
• Ensure Site Asset Management Improvement Programs such as: Asset criticality Identification, Risk Assessment and Mitigation, Asset Condition Auditing, Preventive and Condition Maintenance Programs, Predictive Strategies, and Asset Refurbishment/Obsolescence Plan are being implemented in Manassas with measurable success
• Lead site teams to develop equipment risk assessment techniques for prioritization of resources and how they are managed.
• Implement plans to reduce waste and improve maintenance work wherever feasible; ensuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost
• Guide the site on how to improve its functionality including spare parts management, planning/scheduling, and training/certification
• Implement current and new methodologies, techniques and work practices as they relate to Condition, Preventive and Predictive Based Maintenance
• Review data and information to transition time-based maintenance into Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) and/or Reliability Centered Maintenance
• The candidate will be required to possess key leadership qualities to lead change within a department and drive employee engagement to deliver results
• Ability to take ownership and accountability of the overall site Maintenance program while driving and implementing a culture of ownership, accountability and results within the department managed
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to interpret needs
• Technical degree in a related discipline and/or 5+ years previous work experience with direct leadership in an operations or maintenance environment
• Strong familiarity with Infor EAM, Maximo, SAP or a similar Computerized Maintenance Management System with 4+ years working to utilize data analysis to drive reliability in facilities maintenance programs
• Demonstrated Management skills and ability to work on and complete multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of facilities engineering, construction, and maintenance programs, policies and procedures
• Advanced technical knowledge of Central Utility Plant, HVAC, controls, electrical, high pressure systems, hydraulics, and exhaust systems or advanced technical knowledge of production operational assets such as CNC machining, Printed Wire Board, Environmental Systems, Paint Operations, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of personnel including conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Effective oral and written skill including the ability to prepare and present training, project information, and facility status
• Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or 10+ years previous work experience with direct leadership in an operations or maintenance environment
• Experience with data trend analysis, vibration analysis, motor current analysis, oil analysis, lubrication and hydraulic testing, laser alignment, nondestructive testing, infrared thermography, ultrasound technology, acoustic reliability technology, Weibull analysis, and Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing methodologies
• Green Belt Certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.