Westgate Resorts Senior Designer in Orlando, Florida
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Westgate Resorts success by supporting design process to create outstanding timeshare and resorts' amenities designs that uphold the Westgate Customer Experience. The process is inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements.
Models and acts in accordance with Westgate guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Executes design, provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of projects and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs within parameters of individual project budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with Corporate Architect and cross-functional teams.
- Mentors other more junior designers.
Summary of Experience
- CAD drafting using AutoCAD and Adobe software (5-7 years)
- Project management experience (1 year)
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents (5-7 years)
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants (5-7 years)
- Bachelor's degree required in related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Current knowledge of industry trends in hospitality design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Ability to balance design, with operational and sales needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional environments
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
LANGUAGE SKILLS Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to effectively present information to upper management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Must possess the ability to work with Accounting and Construction mathematical concepts. Must have the ability to design and interpret statistical models.
REASONING ABILITIES Must possess the ability to define and resolve problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties related to this position, the employee will regularly visit construction sites. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.