Trinity Health RN - Ontario Medical Unit - F/T Days in Ontario, Oregon
SIGN-ON BONUS and/or RELOCATION MAY BE AVAILABLE At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. This RN will use critical thinking skills to integrate objective data gained through assessment of patient needs, identify an appropriate nursing plan of care to promote best patient outcomes, and deliver personalized nursing care during episodes of acute and chronic health care needs. He/she will facilitate care delivery through interdisciplinary collaboration with physicians, other healthcare professionals, hospital staff and community agencies. In addition, the RN demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills; well-developed assessment, evaluation, planning and care implementation; organizational and delegation skills; commitment to safe and effective patient care delivery using research and best practice standards to provide high quality patient services; and commitment to professional growth and development.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Idaho or Oregon licensure as a Registered Nurse in the applicable state of practice.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Demonstrated team, analysis, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Requires intermediate computer skills including medical record keeping.
Ability to work with a wide variety of people under adverse conditions required.
Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
- Educates patient based on assessment of needs.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care based on patient's needs.
- Communicates patient's current status and plan of care to other caregivers (verbally and in writing).
- Prepares, gives and evaluates the effectiveness of medications.
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment.
- Advocates for the rights of patients.
- Provides nursing measures to alleviate or reduce pain.
- Demonstrates therapeutic communication.
- Establishes therapeutic and professional boundaries.
- Integrates knowledge, experience, professional standards and hospital policies into nursing practice.
- Meets unit specific technical skills.
- Practices with the rules and regulations defined by the Idaho State Board of Nursing.
- New graduate nurses are hired on as a Level I with the expectation of advancing to a Level II after successful completion of the first year of employment and accomplishing the specific department criteria and competencies for a Level I RN. Level II must be maintained for the duration of employment with the opportunity to advance on the Professional Development Ladder if criteria is met.
- New experienced RN hires with one year of experience or more are hired as a Level II with the expectation that Level II be maintained for the duration of employment with the opportunity to advance on the Professional Development Ladder if appropriate criteria is met.
Job Number: 00052543
Location: Ontario, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Ontario Campus
Employment Type: Full time