Trinity Health Medical Technologist in Ontario, Oregon
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Under general direction, responsible for independently performing and reporting all test analyses according to physician orders in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures, FDA, CAP, AABB, OSHA, CLIA and JCAHO regulations to facilitate optimum quality patient care.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Entry level positions do not require experience; however, experience in a clinical lab setting is preferred.
- Licensure: ASCP or equivalent certification as a Medical Technologist is required within one year of employment.
- Good knowledge in all areas of the laboratory and familiarity with applicable clinical laboratory equipment.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of at least one specialty such as Hematology or Chemistry or have considerable knowledge in many sections of the laboratory.
- Must possess a high degree of precision and accuracy.
- Good written and oral English communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills;
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong critical thinking abilities.
- Meets medical center’s Guiding Behaviors including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Performs all laboratory tests accurately and in a timely fashion following established guidelines and physician orders. Reports all tests in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in compliance with documented laboratory procedures.
- Maintains QA policies and procedures to ensure validity of results. Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols. Performs quality control for all testing and meets established ranges before patient results are released.
- Determines acceptability of specimens by performing visual inspections or by recognizing abnormal/ unusual results. Documents unacceptable specimens according to appropriate policy. Communicates specimen requirements to appropriate personnel.
- Informs appropriate personnel of department supply needs ensuring uninterrupted service.
- Maintains clinical competency and current professional knowledge by reading relevant journal articles and attending training sessions.
- Maintains a safe and efficient working environment by performing equipment maintenance and checks, cleaning work area, and monitoring temperatures in accordance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies. Recognizes and troubleshoots malfunctions of advanced technological equipment and initiates corrective action.
- Supervises phlebotomist functions in areas of urinalysis and blood gases.
- Performance Improvement: Understands and actively supports the organizational and departmental Performance Improvement Initiatives.
- Evaluates new testing methodology and contributes to writing technical laboratory procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems that may adversely affect test analyses and/or notifies the Department Coordinator or Laboratory Director when appropriate.
- Documents corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s acceptable guidelines.
- Enters test results into the Laboratory Information System in order for standardized reports to be generated for physician’s review and interpretation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned in order to expedite the testing process and support the achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Full Time (40 Hours)
- Evening Shift
Visit Saint Alphonsus onFacebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onLinkedin!
See additional information by visitingSaint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities atwww.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Job Number: 00124535
Location: Ontario, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Ontario Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Evening Shift