Trinity Health CT technologist PRN/On Call in Ontario, Oregon
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
Performs procedures on patients of all ages, according to approved protocols, radiation safety, and established exam indicators. Schedules and obtains history from patients. Evaluates the appropriateness of requested exams to assist radiologists. Maintains knowledge of equipment and instruments/supplies pertinent to high quality exams. Provides effective internal and external patient communication consistent with age and mental capacity. May travel between SAHS sites.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered as a Radiologic Technologist (RT) and certified in computed tomography (CT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Oregon license required to support both Oregon and Idaho locations
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required
- One year of subspecialty or general radiology experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently
- Current, unrestricted driver's license required
- Meet Health System’s Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric as applicable)
- Revenue Management: ensure the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients
- Draw blood samples for processing and obtains IV access for administration of contrast
- Respond to all patient care according to medical center's policies and procedures for patient care including, but not limited to, Code Blue Preparedness, Universal Precautions, Radiation Safety Standards and CPR.
- Keep updated documentation of medications on inventory and medications utilized
- Schedule patients and radiologists for procedures, utilizing specialty area and departmental scheduling protocols.
Job Number: 00119659
Location: Ontario, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Ontario Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift