ITA International MARMC IT Customer Service Specialist in Norfolk, Virginia
ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is anticipating an upcoming opportunity for an IT Customer Service Specialist for our Norfolk Naval, VA location. This position is contingent upon contract award September 2019.
• Conduct basic IT troubleshooting and apply techniques to resolve customer issues.
• Assess and send calls to the appropriate individuals in the division when resolutions cannot be provided to the customer.
• Screen telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence.
• Research and solve problems in response to customer reported incidents and problems relating to IT issues.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve customer service and resolve customer problems;
o assist with and/or assess problem situations
o gather relevant information
o identify solutions and/or recommendations
o implement corrective actions
o coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts to resolve customer inquiries
• Apply knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods to analyze data and apply results to problem resolution.
• Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in customer support requirements.
• Update and maintain problem tracking and resolution databases (e.g., IT Help Desk ticketing system).
• Operate IT tools and system, including navigating IT systems to: search for, retrieve, or access data or information; organize data clearly; and/or output data in usable and user-friendly format.
• Enter accurate customer data into IT systems such as SharePoint IT Help Desk; guide customers in the use of IT systems related to the organization’s operations.
o Open, monitor, resolve, and close customer tickets.
• Assess and provide assistance to command personnel on IT related service requests received from within and outside the command and track each one as they move through each phase of resolution.
• Prepare formal requests and reports for request processes that must be sent out of the IT division.
• Assess the impact of IT related requests to ensure they are addressed correctly and in the most expedient manner.
• Provide various information systems solutions support that bridge the gap between organization mission and existing government technical capabilities.
• Activate and deactivate command cellular devices; issue and receive command cellular devices.
• Conduct random audits, and prepare activity and progress reports relating to the command cellular devices.
• Support basic accounting and financial operations; reconcile cellular device usage to monthly billing reports.
• Serve as liaison for any third-party vendors providing cellular device services and support for legacy applications or systems not transitioning to the NMCI environment.
• Identify and escalate workflow issues, provide clerical support on divisional projects, provide support to work directors, and compile daily production statistics and other reports.
• Compose and maintain various types of correspondence such as phone messages, emails, faxes, and letters.
• Generate technical/non-technical correspondence such as office policies, procedures, and guidance requests for information, letters of accomplishment, commendation, notification, and reports and presentations as requested by the Program Office or Program Manager.
• Provide a range of other general office tasks such as establish and/or maintain soft and hard copy of various office documentation, research information, provide orientation for new staff, operate modern office equipment and software.
• Prepare special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, under general directions.
• Maintain recurring internal reports, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, and training plans.
• Requisition and restock supplies, arrange maintenance of office equipment, and other services.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide updates quarterly or as tasked.
• Three (3) years of related IT customer support/distance support experience.
o Up to two (2) years of job-related experience may be substituted for each year of IT/Cyber related college completed or for each current certification held.
• Minimum one (1) year job-related experience providing IT Help Desk/Service Desk support.
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification (or higher level certification) or Associate’s Degree (or higher level degree) from an accredited University in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity required.
• Experience with, and demonstrated knowledge of, Windows 10, Office 2016, Internet Explorer (latest version), and SharePoint 2013.
• Proficient in the use and creation of documents, spreadsheets, and correspondence in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access (front/backend user), and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with Government civilian, Military personnel, and other Contractors at all levels of staff and management to assure customer satisfaction and requirements have been fully met.
• Meet operational requirements (i.e. contractor personnel should arrive ready to work with proper certifications) and meet minimum credential requirements IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8140.01, Cybersecurity Workforce Management, SECNAV 5239.2-M, Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual.
• Active SECRET clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
External Company URL: http://www.ita-intl.com/
Fill Type: Proposal
Street: Naval Station Norfolk
Post End Date: 12/28/2019