Trinity Health Resident Assistant II- The Terrace at Glen Eddy- Per Diem Rotation in Niskayuna, New York
Per Diem Rotating Hours (per staffing needs)
The Terrace at Glen Eddy is an Assisted Living facility located in a beautiful residential setting in Niskayuna!
The primary responsibility of the Resident Assistant is to assist residents who are functionally, physically, and/or socially impaired and need 24-hour oversight.
Typical Resident Assistants (RA) duties include:
- assistance with activities of daily living
- medication and bathing assistance
- responding to the nurse call and pendant system
- participate in leading day and weekend activities
- cueing and orienting residents/prep residents for community appointments
- assistance with dressing, safety checks, and more.
In addition, Resident Assistants (RA) assist in the dining room with resident menu selection and serving residents and their guests.
The ideal Resident Assistant:
Must demonstrate an appreciation of the heritage, values, and wisdom of the residents and an understanding of the aging process.
Should be able to remain calm and think clearly in emergencies, responding and acting in an appropriate manner.
Must be mentally alert and have the ability to effectively plan and organize assignments in the most efficient manner.
A qualified candidate must have:
- Must have HSD/GED; or five years direct care experience in lieu of HSD/GED
- PCA or patient/resident care experience preferred but a pleasant individual with strong customer service attributes and willingness to work with aging population would be considered.
Job Number: 00118301
Location: Niskayuna, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - One Glen Eddy Dr Niskayuna
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift