Eversource Energy Supervisor-Construction Engineering in Newtown, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Supervises an engineering team within Construction. The group is responsible for the detailed design and preparation of work orders and estimates for large distribution construction projects, State highway relocation work, cable injection, fiber-optic make ready and other special projects.
- Maintains awareness of customer requirements and ensures they are met through field engineering resources being employed at maximum effectiveness within defined safety and performance standards at optimum cost.
- Proper coordination of work activities with other system areas and outside contractors, where applicable. Facilitates field work through forward assessment and planning.
- Responsible for designs that can be safely constructed and operated, for ensuring that safe and environmentally responsible work practices are followed and empowering teams to take responsibility for themselves, customers and assets etc.
- Through coaching, feedback, development and training of field engineering staff, encourages continuous improvement of performance through teamwork. Assesses training needs and helps develop training programs and monitors their effectiveness.
- Supports regulatory commitments involving local towns and state and federal regulatory agencies in accordance with current Eversource instructions .
- Responds to requests for engineering/technical assistance on Power Quality issues and from other departments .
- Emergency - Position includes storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- A thorough knowledge of Company organization distribution standards, policies, practices and procedures is required.
- Good computer software skills, such as MS Word, Excel etc is desirable.
- A thorough knowledge of company software such as STORMS, DARS, OMS, WORKDAY, WORKFORCE, MIB, etc is required.
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology required. Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of distribution experience is required.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor