Ricoh Americas Corporation Lab Sample Control Specialist in New York, New York
The Sample Control Specialist will work in a clean, professional, laboratory environment. Specialist will support the tasks of documenting, tracking, and logging high volume scanning (medical slides) including tasks such as pulling slides in chronological order, preparing and loading slides into a carousel, and the control and transfer of slide custody to the scanning team.
Record Accuracy, Chain of Custody, and Attention to Detail is key in this role!
RICOH EMPOWERS WORKPLACES using innovative technologies & services enabling individuals to work smarter. Our people deliver on the promise of Service Excellence.
Ricoh offers a full portfolio of benefit and employee programs such as:
- Medical Coverage & Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- EAP and Work Life Benefits
- Time off Benefits including: Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement......and many more
These roles are permanent positions that play a critical role in delivering Ricoh's services and solutions to our customers. Ricoh offers positions with a developmental path and a range of training resources to meet our employees' needs. From on-boarding training to continued development for all of our employees, we provide many resources to set our employees up for continued success.
Ricoh works to motivate employees with competitive pay and benefits that are affordable. We offer proven career paths - locally, regionally, and nationally.
WE ARE RICOH! Apply today!
Must be able to work off-hours (all shifts) and weekends, shift differential applies.
This position will work between our NYC and Bronx NY locations.
Provides operations functions in a fulfillment center for one or more of the following areas: operates high volume printing equipment (segment 5) to produce large volume print jobs on a previously calibrated machine, performs associated copying tasks, ships and receives product and supplies, sorts, distributes and handles incoming and outgoing mail/faxes, as well as applies necessary postage. Provides copier maintenance and/or repair of customer site equipment. May also perform bindery, QC and final check, housekeeping, file services, call center representative, and reception, etc. May performs various building support functions related to meeting set ups and light maintenance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Runs high volume printing equipment, which may include high production in a mechanically sophisticated print environment and performs binding and finishing work.
- Has the ability to setup and run all applications on all equipment.
- Ensures convenience copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections. Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
- Performs all repair service on customer copier equipment.
- Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
- Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required.
- Calculates charges for jobs performed and maintains some billing logs.
- Responds to and coordinates all service calls required by customer.
- May perform filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests.
- Delivers completed jobs to pre-determined customer locations within and outside of the site.
- Maintains daily meter and service logs.
- May travel between customer's buildings.
- Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests.
- Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
- Performs duties related to the shipping and receiving of materials.
- May perform meeting room and conference room set ups.
- May perform building occupant moves within assigned facilities.
- May perform re-lamping and light maintenance duties as assigned.
- May perform occasional cleaning duties as needed.
- May require periodic overtime on nights and weekends, including off-hour emergency response.
- Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted.
- Uses all copier equipment, calculator, fax machine, postage meter and some PC.
- Performs filing duties, which may include 'purging' and archiving old documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires high school diploma or GED and2-3 years of related work experience.
- Some related copy job experience, preferably in a high production, mechanically sophisticated print environment, is preferred.
- Requires valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per policy.
- Requires ability to learn complex production and/or communication systems, such as client-specific mainframe applications.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.