Trinity Health Ortho Nurse Navigator - Case Management in New Albany, Ohio
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care. Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Nurse Navigator assists in creating a seamless flow through the health care system for the orthopedic surgical patient. Provides one-on-one case management guidance and coordination of services and follows the patient through the care continuum. Collaborates with other, both internal and external to the organization to achieve timely, cost effective utilization of resources while supporting
- Graduate from school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum 2 years of clinical nursing experience with 1 year experience in
utilization review, discharge planning, case management, disease management or medical social work experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, summarize and concisely report medical utilization, and medical chart audit results.
- Coordinates with case management and social services resources to assure development and documentation of a treatment plan for patients.
- Collaborative patient care including rounding, equipment needs and discharge planning with communication among all appropriate colleagues.
- Completes an initial assessment of the patient within 24 hours of admission, including medical history, medications, symptoms, degree of support from family & friends, and current treatment prescribed by the patient’s physician.
- Consults with patient to set negotiated goals for discharge and discharge needs.
- Participates in designated committees and task forces at the direction of the Supervisor and Sr. Director of Medical Management.
*This is a Casual/PRN position.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00117409
Location: New Albany, OH
Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel -New Albany
Employment Type: Part time