Trinity Health ED Tech - Part Time - Rotating in Nampa, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Supports clinical staff at the unit level by performing direct patient care under the supervision of the RN. Additional duties include all related clerical, receptionist and patient service coordination.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the State of Idaho and / or certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by the State of Idaho and / or the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- Six months of experience as a CNA or EMT required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Recent experience working with pediatric patients and/or phlebotomy in an acute care setting preferred.
- Medical Terminology and knowledge of medical and/or business record keeping.
- Excellent customer services skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people under adverse conditions.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in trauma and life and death situations.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to patients.
- Facilitates the delivery of patient care by communicating patients’ needs and requests to appropriate personnel and other hospital departments.
- Provides direct patient care as delegated to and supervised by licensed nursing personnel.
- Provides direct high quality service to physicians to assist in patient care activities.
- Facilitates high quality customer service, communicating clearly with patients and families.
- Obtains blood specimens on patients by venipuncture, arterial puncture, skin puncture, and/or heel puncture on infants using established technique and maintaining the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test performed.
- Assesses condition of patient, obtains appropriate assistance, and uses related judgment in selection of suitable phlebotomy site. Provides care of the puncture site.
- Instructs patient in proper collection and preservation of urine samples.
- Adheres to rigid accuracy in using names and numbers for identifying patients.
- Responds to all Time Sensitive Emergency patients including but not limited to Code Blue, Trauma, Sepsis, Stemi and Stroke situations.
Job Number: 00121084
Location: Nampa, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Nampa Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift