Trinity Health Coordinator Phlebotomy in Nampa, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. The Phlebotomy Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, organization, leadership, and development of the inpatient and outpatient phlebotomy, specimen processing and front office personnel and operations. The Phlebotomy Coordinator assists the Laboratory Manager and/or Laboratory Coordinators in the areas of staffing, workflow, performance improvement, development of policies and procedures, fiscal management, orientation and training of new staff, evaluation of personnel, and the evaluation of products.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Evidence of completion from an accredited phlebotomy program.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience and minimum of 1 year of work leadership experience required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organizational Mission, Core Values, and Vision in behaviors, practices, policies and decisions.
- Performs and has in-depth knowledge of all phlebotomist, specimen processing, office staff and receptionist duties including specimen collection, specimen processing, send out laboratory testing, ordering, ABN's, computer functions, telephone etiquette, etc.
- Assures that specimens are properly labeled, transported, received in the computer, processed, and distributed.
- Coordinates daily operations (staffing adjustments and workflow adjustments) for phlebotomy and front desk area. Demonstrates ability to establish service priorities, work routines, and work flow patterns. Maintains productivity within established standards and creates and maintains a work environment of teamwork, collaboration, and consensus.
- Works closely with other laboratory coordinators, and other department directors, managers and supervisors as needed, to implement or improve upon processes related to specimen labeling, specimen collection, specimen integrity, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to improve customer service, participates in projects/programs designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction, initiates and participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities based on the components of quality, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process/system refinement, and financial impact.
- Orders supplies for the phlebotomy area, assures there is an adequate inventory of supplies, assures that supplies are stored neatly and safely.
- Coordinates reference lab testing: reviews send-out testing logs, assures accuracy, follows-up on delays, etc. Reports any issues to the LIS team regarding reference lab testing.
- Assists the director in interviewing and selecting competent employees, evaluates and assesses the technical competence and performance of phlebotomy and clerical staff. Participates in planning and presenting orientation programs for newly hired/transferred employees. Acts as liaison to Education Department for phlebotomy training of students.
- Develops, maintains and implements new and modified phlebotomy, receptionist and front desk policies and procedures.
- Continuously assesses competency of phlebotomy, processing and front desk colleagues; provides coaching and counseling as necessary; and assists the manager in performing annual performance evaluations.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to ensure timely completion. Delegates and assigns work commensurate with knowledge, skill and experience, and ensures the work is performed appropriately.
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Visit Saint Alphonsus onFacebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onLinkedin!
See additional information by visitingSaint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities atwww.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Job Number: 00117035
Location: Nampa, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Nampa Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift