Trinity Health Patient Care Assistant- 6th Floor, Cardiac Stepdown 3p-11:30p 32hrs per wk in Muskegon, Michigan
Great opportunity for a Patient Care Assistant, PCA professional to work in an organization that focuses on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Be Remarkable!
- 32 hours per week working 3p – 11:30p, every other weekend and holiday rotation
- Cardiac Stepdown unit – 30 beds and 10 beds for 6th floor or ICU flex
- Comprehensive benefit packages available including medical, dental, vision, paid time off and 403B
- Mercy Health is a non-profit health care system serving Grand Rapids, Muskegon, the Lakeshore and the surrounding communities. We provide compassionate care, award-winning expertise, and the latest technology, all in an inclusive, Catholic, faith-based setting that honors the sacredness and dignity of every person.
- We serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Patient Care Assistant, PCA works in a collaborative environment to deliver excellent patient care under the direction of a RN. A Patient Care Assistant, PCA is expected to assist the patient in maintaining good hygiene, activities of daily living and to support quality of patient care.
What Patient Care Assistant, PCA will do:
- Respond to patient call lights for assistance or by rounding
- Provide or assist patients with personal hygiene including showers, oral hygiene and dressing/undressing
- Transports patients as needed for procedures, transfers or discharge
- Maintains a clean and uncluttered environment in patient rooms
What Patient Care Assistant, PCA will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Nurses Aide Certificate (CNA) or RN student currently enrolled as has completed one full clinical rotation
- Well developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing divers perspectives
- Articulates and demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, values, mission and vision of the organization
32hrs per wk- 3p-11:30p EOW & holidays
Job Number: 00194277
Location: Muskegon, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - MHP Mercy Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Evening Shift