Trinity Health Director of Operations, MHPP in Muskegon, Michigan
Position will focus on Northern Network and Muskegon Clinics (Ludington, Shelby, Hart, Whitehall, Muskegon and North Muskegon Practices and Clinics)
Responsible for the strategic oversight of the operations and financial performance of assigned medical practices/programs. Accountable leader to facilitate an organizational culture that reflects a commitment of excellence to service, quality, safety, colleague engagement, and financial performance.
What you will need:
- Master’s Degree
- Preferred –RN
- Experience with rural health designation preferred
- Seven years of related (preferably medical practice) healthcare management experience, with demonstrated knowledge in an integrated healthcare delivery setting, with experience in practice and program development, as well as leadership responsibilities.
- Leadership skills to direct and facilitate others toward objectives that contribute to the success of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment with a strong customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, evaluate and problem solve effectively, using logic and reasoning to identify and strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Willingness to challenge established ways of doing things in a constructive way.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations in order to provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop policies designed to promote understanding.
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner.
- Stay current with knowledge Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency with a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including a basic understanding of email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required performing the essential functions of the job, including familiarity with a computerized practice management system.
What you will do:
Financial Performance & Operations:
- Develop and implement systems to ensure the high quality, efficient, cost-effective operations which support and achieve goals and objectives of the practice/program assigned. Work in partnership with key stakeholders to achieve desired clinical, financial, quality and service outcomes for patients, staff, and the organization.
- Establish processes and long-range goals consistent with standards established by Mercy Health Physician Partners Medical Group, Trinity Health, Physician Practice Integrity Program, The Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and analyze daily operations, evaluations, recruitment, practice audits, practice budget performance, and payor mix to maximize practice/program effectiveness and system integration.
- Conduct monthly financial meetings (Site Action Plan Review and Recommendations) at each practice/program and identifies trends and opportunities in order to make adjustments to meet and/or exceed financial performance.
- Reports monthly practice/program performance inclusive of a corrective action plan if appropriate to Chief Operations Officer.
- Develop business proformas, analyze and plan for new or revised programs/services. Research current trends and competitor’s programs.
- Manage transition of newly acquired practices (physicians, staff, and practice operations). Oversee renovation projects for acquired practices.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of physician/staff leasing arrangements. Maintain efficient and cost effective operations for leasing arrangements.
- Responsible for staffing models to support different specialty services based on acuity and sub specialty differentiators.
- Assures that appropriate or required documentation is maintained for practice/programs to allow for both accurate reporting of the programs for governmental and system requirements and data gathering to allow for meaningful assessments of the programs being provided to the community.
- Create and influence an organizational culture that reflects a commitment of excellence to service, quality, safety, and financial performance that is consistent with organizational guidelines and/or regulatory standards.
- Accountable to make timely and effective decisions and takes initiative when there is ambiguity.
- Ensure successful implementation of organizational transformational strategies.
- Develop and implement practice or programmatic business and financial plans in accordance with the organizational strategic plan.
- Fosters effective collaboration between support service departments and clinical services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services.
- Coordinate and hard-wire patient experience, staff/provider engagement, and service utilization processes for the organization
- Facilitate committees/and chairs workgroups for the organization, including participation in organizational strategic planning processes as a member of the leadership team.
- Works in collaboration with Medical Director(s) to develop and maintain provider compensation models inclusive of scorecard measure(s) relevant to specialty.
- Accountable to facilitate and create a learning organization and process improvement initiatives (i.e. LEAN, Trinity Leadership System).
- In collaboration with Lead Physician and Practice Leader/manager, identify, evaluate, and lead changes needed within department/service-line.
- Seek to incorporate new technologies and methods to improve clinical outcomes, productivity, and organizational effectiveness. Challenge current processes to identify more cost effective and quality-focused methods.
- Facilitate and promote personal and professional development of direct reports by using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals.
- Engage direct reports within personal development planning, identifying appropriate training and development activities relevant to continuous changing business climate.
- Mentor and coach teams on establishing proper goals, objectives and priorities to meet the strategic business and financial plan.
- Participate in local regional and national organizations to maintain current knowledge of key trends for service lines.
- Actively participates in self-development activities internally and externally.
Job Number: 00124333
Location: Muskegon, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - MHP Steindler Building
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift