Trinity Health Customer Service Scheduling Rep - Patient Scheduling Rep - Part Time in Muskegon, Michigan
Deliver exceptional quality and service to all patients and other customers through a constant pursuit of excellence and respect for every individual. Foster an environment of participation, teamwork, and professional growth. Responsible for procedure scheduling utilizing the Pathways Healthcare Scheduling System (PHS), ensuring that accurate patient information is collected to facilitate the pre-registration process and providing quality service to physicians related to patient information and communication needs. Collaborate with multiple departments to best utilize equipment, staff and other resources while accommodating physician preference and patient needs, consistent with Mercy General Health Partner’s values and missions.
JOB SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Independently schedule procedures for Surgery, Endoscopy, Rehabilitation Services, Radiology and any subsequent departments added to PHS.
- Collect and validate patient demographic information, including insurance type, to facilitate the pre-registration process.
- Obtain pre-certification or authorization numbers if available from physician office.
- Inform patient/physician offices of preparations for procedures scheduled, verbally and/or by printed itinerary.
- High School graduate. Associate degree with medical certification preferred.
- Medical Terminology classes or two years experience with Medical Terminology. Experience in an admin/clerical role in health care preferred.
- Two years of Computer experience preferably in Windows (2000) environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with patient/physicians to maintain and promote positive relationships.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills to portray a profession and customer image.
- Ability to pass a training aptitude test.
9am-5:30pm, occasional weekends, benefit eligible, 24 hrs/week
Job Number: 00124184
Location: Muskegon, MI
Organization Name: Mercy Health
Facility: MHWMI - West Shore Professional Bldg
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift