OceanFirst Bank Portfolio Manager II in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Responsible for maintaining credit quality standards through sound portfolio management practices and underwriting. Perform due diligence, management and administration requirements for portfolio of existing borrowing relationships. Provide concurring lending authority on commercial loans as specified by Loan Policy for existing borrowers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure underwriting for all renewals, extensions for house portfolio of existing borrowing relationships assigned are completed accurately and timely.
Provide critical analysis with concurring approval authority for loan requests within the house portfolio of existing borrowing relationships.
Monitor compliance with financial covenants and other loan agreements for assigned portfolio of existing relationships.
Monitor the execution of proper documentation for annual reviews and renewals for the house portfolio of existing borrowing relationships assigned.
Maintain a portfolio of existing borrowing relationships including credit files for those accounts.
Prepare credit analysis and call reports if appropriate for assigned portfolio.
Act as a contact for internal bank referrals.
Identify cross-selling opportunities in the management of assigned portfolio.
Supervise, and train Junior Portfolio Managers.
Mentor and assist the Junior Portfolio Managers as needed.
Ensure compliance of all required documentation and ensure loan terms and conditions adhere to established credit policy and approval.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, agency guidelines and organization policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of lending process including demonstrated credit evaluation and underwriting ability, with ability to make independent credit assessments.
• Knowledge of credit approval policy and process with the ability to accurately interpret lending policy and apply same to the management of the portfolio.
• Working knowledge of banking regulations and lending process.
• Strong credit analytic skills.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively communicate with customers financial analysis detail in a clear, concise manner.
• Proficient in MS Office and other relevant software.
• Ability to provide guidance to less seasoned staff and proven success in building and managing a team.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and customer information.
Experience & Education
• Bachelors Degree preferably with background in finance, business administration or accounting.
• Minimum of 7 years commercial lending experience, including loan analyzing, documentation and portfolio management duties.
Internal and External Contacts
• Internal contacts consists of customers in portfolio and Bank personal.
• External contacts consists of outside COI’s including accountants and attorneys.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Office environment. Ability to operate computer. Ability to communicate in order to exchange simple to complex information with individuals and groups. Ability to travel throughout Bank footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity