Trinity Health Supply Chain Agent Level II - Materials Management in Mishawaka, Indiana
Minimum $19.43 - Maximum $26.68
Responsible for all aspects of supply chain product/equipment/purchased service contract and sourcing support for defined departments. Manages contract compliance by analyzing GPO, Trinity Health and local contracts for standardization, utilization and cost savings opportunities with key stakeholders. Researches and presents new product requests, standardization, utilization and cost savings opportunities to Value Analysis team(s). Facilitates and manages cross-functional project teams related to product conversions, local or system product/services/equipment sourcing events to successfully meet assigned timelines. Supports Nursing Med/Surg departments, and other ancillary departments as directed for Mishawaka and Plymouth Campuses (including any affiliated locations). Responsible for negotiating with vendors on equipment and capital acquisitions. Obtains and reviews bids and proposals to compare quality, availability, serviceability and cost. Efficiently uses MD Buyline database. Maintains all reoccurring service agreements for the SJRMC network. Obtains new and revised proposals. Maintains current database of all agreements. Serves as the point of entry for the SJHS network, in to the Supply Line Application for all capital and reoccurring service requisitions.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Liaison to assigned departments for handling product/vendor/purchased services/equipment support needs including by not limited to product research, budget analysis, utilization analysis, quality/recalls, sourcing, contract inquiries and vendor relationships.
- Lawson responsibilities include: entering requisitions, approving requisitions, reviewing item adds for approval/denial, reviewing vendor adds for approval/denial. Reviewing Operational scorecard to identify areas of opportunity for cost savings and contract compliance.
- Research and prepares analytical reports and presents to required audiences, including Value Analysis Team on new product requests, standardization, utilization and/or other improvement opportunities.
- Works closely with the Clinical Resource Coordinator (RN) on preparing and presenting material at Value Analysis meetings.
- Plans and coordinates product/service/equipment conversion implementation with appropriate stakeholders, including but not limited to Supply Chain Operations, Clinical/Non-Clinical representatives and vendors to ensure a smooth transition and no interruption of product/equipment/service availability.
- Responsible for implementing product conversions and maintaining contract compliance to all Trinity Health and GPO contracts as identified by Trinity Health Supply Chain management.
- Represents Saint Joseph Health System on assigned System Office Supply Chain Sourcing Advisory Teams (SAT's).
- Participates on various teams and committees as directed by the Director of Supply Chain Management.
- Facilitates and manages inter-departmental projects related to supply/equipment conversion, supply/equipment sourcing and capital purchases.
- Prepares requests for proposal (RFP), solicits bids, performs comparative analysis and negotiates agreements for products, equipment or purchased services that must be handled on a local basis.
- Activities will be in partnership with appropriate stakeholders. Includes reviewing contract terms and conditions for compliance to Trinity Health and Saint Joseph Health System contract language.
- Develop and maintains credible and professional relationships with assigned department directors, mangers and support staff, Senior Leadership, physicians, System Office Supply Chain Management team, Regional Supply Chain Management team and vendor representatives.
- Responsible for procurement of large capital equipment involving collecting bids, reviewing prices, obtaining approvals and entering data in to the Supply Line Application System.
- Responsible for maintaining all reoccurring service agreements for the SJHS network. Involved in obtaining and/or renewing bids and proposals, reviewing prices, obtaining legal review and approval signatures. Enters requisition in to Supply Line Application System.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of spreadsheets related to costs, savings and other databases as required.
- Maintains all capital purchase and service agreement files. Creates paper folders, updates access database and excel worksheets with purchase order information and sends copies to appropriate destination.
- Initiates and maintains regular contact with capital team members, department Directors and Vice-Presidents regarding purchasing to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve problems and project status updates.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Healthcare or other related field and/or equivalent years of relevant experience.
Licensure: Describe any licenses required by the State.
Experience: Three to Five years of increasing responsibility within Supply chain/purchasing/materials management in Healthcare or related environment. Experience in a large and/or multi-hospital system preferred.
Other Job Requirements: Requires ability to perform statistical and financial analysis Strong analytical and problem solving skills Requires working knowledge of Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) relationships, services and supplier capabilities Requires working knowledge of Supply Chain Information Systems, Lawson experience is preferred Requires knowledge of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) development High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Excellent presentation and written communication skills. Must be able to present in a clear and concise manner. Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, vendors, physicians, System Office, and internal Supply Chain regional teams. Strong organization skills. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and manage cross-functional project teams Work schedule is Mishawaka Campus and may rotate 1-2 days per month to Plymouth Campus. Full Time, day shift Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Job Number: 00119651
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Health System
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift