Trinity Health Speech Language Pathologist in Mishawaka, Indiana
Evaluates and treats patients referred to the Speech Therapy department. Documents patient evaluation, plan of care, progress and discharge status.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety, medical information. Complies with regulatory agency (Medicare, JCAHO, CARF etc.) standards and regulations.
- Conducts clinical evaluations consistent with and appropriate for patient diagnosis.
- Designs treatment plans that are goal oriented, based upon interpretation of evaluation results and patient’s personal goals, establish goals that are functional, measurable and attainable. Performs re-evaluations per department criteria with modifications/updating of goals as dictated by patient’s progress
- Clinical Treatment: Assists patient towards goal achievement through effective treatment plan and interventions; administers individual treatment procedures; develops home exercises and self treatment plans for the patient; provides education to patient and family, including diagnosis and prognosis of therapy and able to recognize adverse responses or contradictions to therapy and adjust treatment accordingly.
- Discharge Planning: Makes timely and appropriate discharge plans and recommendations for the anticipated needs of the patient.
- Completes documentation in a thorough and accurate manner within department specified time frame and adheres to documentation requirements by regulatory agencies.
- Submits daily charges that accurately reflect documentation within specified time frame.
- Participates actively in patient staffings and/or team meetings.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and referrals for additional services. Consults with other professionals and/or appropriately seeks assistance from co-workers as needed
- Is flexible with hours of availability to meet department needs.
- Engages patient using interpersonal dynamics to facilitate and effect therapeutic changes.
- Participates appropriately and actively in family conferences and/or family/patient training opportunities; and case management per requirements in individual departments.
- Maintains established departmental productivity standards. Actively participates in departmental initiatives such as Performance Improvement Initiatives, and CARF, JCAHO, State Board of Health readiness.
- Provides day-to-day direction to rehab techs and volunteers. Participates in student program as appropriate and based on level of experience and expertise.
- Attends all mandatory inservices and meetings and other inservices that are related to area of responsibility
- Provide in-service for staff after attending courses outside the organization.
- Adheres to and maintains all necessary competency required for job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Requires professional education culminating in a minimum of a Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited academic program.
Licensure: Must be Licensed in the State of Indiana as a Speech Language Pathologist. CPR Certification.
*Experience:*Prefer previous experience in a Speech Therapy Clinical Setting but will accept a new graduate in their CFY year from an accredited college.
*Other Job Requirements:* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Must be able to adjust of varying treatment loads and schedules. Requires flexible work schedule including weekends. Considerable initiative, judgment and problem solving required.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs
DISCLAIMER STATEMENTS The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of principle responsibilities and duties performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job-related responsibilities and duties that incumbents may perform. Incumbents will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. All responsibilities and duties listed in this description are essential functions. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job, incumbents will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Additional unit and/or age-specific knowledge, skills or abilities will need to be demonstrated based on specific competencies maintained in each department. This organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, creed, or qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Number: 00029412
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time