Trinity Health Nurse Resident/Registered Nurse - 12 hr wknd - Oncology - Full Time in Mishawaka, Indiana
Minimum: $24.00 - Maximum: $36.43
Responsible and accountable for implementing, directing, communicating, and documenting the nursing process in accordance with current established standards of care and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse is a patient advocate who provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, and associates.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
- Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting data.
- Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
- Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others, and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and implementation of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing team members.
- Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of patient’s response.
- Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching plans based on the patient’s response.
- Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication administration.
- Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by individual department standards.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited RN program. Effective March 1, 2015, all newly employed RNs will be required to have a BSN or be prepared to complete their BSN within 3 years of hire. Licensure: RN Indiana License. CPR certification on hire or able to attain within 60 days. Experience: None. Other Job Requirements: Communicating effectively both orally and in writing. Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Job Number: 00106083
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Health System
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift