Trinity Health Inventory Specialist - Full Time in Mishawaka, Indiana
Minimum $14.97 - Maximum $21.70
JOB SUMMARY Directly responsible for obtaining and providing supplies to operate the Mishawaka or Plymouth campus. Conducts cycle counts, investigates stock outs, back orders and discrepancies. Identifies root cause and makes recommendations for correction to Supervisor. Ensures data for all Periodic Automatic Replenishment (PAR) including low unit of measure, and perpetual inventory locations are maintained and up to date. Monitors Lawson’s functionality, documents and reports all problems to peers and supervisor. Analyzes data using software application (Lawson, Excel). Provides support and assists in obtaining resources needed for training, utilization and enhancements, related to the operation and use of various supplies, equipment and software. Participates as requested on Value Analysis Team (VAT), provides data and recommendations as to VAT as requested. Follows department operational policies and processes and makes recommendations for improvement. Assists with all daily Distribution functions including receiving daily shipments and filling requisitions.
JOB DUTIES 1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values. 2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information. Distribution Team 3. Orders, receives and delivers all stock, non-stock, special order items to the appropriate location. Manually checks the perpetual inventory and PAR areas for replenishment through the inventory management system as it applies, for Distribution and/or department using scan technology. 4. Reviews and takes actionable steps to resolve open order and resolution report. 5. Processes, daily, the auto replenishment report for perpetual inventory. 6. Conducts perpetual inventory cycle counts daily, investigates discrepancies and makes recommendations to supervisor for count correction and root cause process improvements. 7. Active participant in daily huddles and colleague meetings, sharing positive recommendations related to process improvement, engagement, cost reduction and standardization opportunities. 8. Returns unwanted items received for proper credit under the return process for distribution stock and special order items. 9. Maintains appropriate stock levels at all assigned locations by conducting detailed analysis using Lawson, Lawson Tools, Excel and external data. Recommends adjustments optimizing cost and efficient flow of supplies. 10. Processes any change of change to a Par location for vendor, catalogue number, unit of measure and bin assignment utilizing the item maintenance function. 11. Responsible for the physical condition of assigned supply area ensuring labels are current and in good condition, bins are clean and organized as defined in the PAR etiquette guidelines. 12. Responsible for keeping customers informed and current on status of open orders, back orders and conversion orders by working closely with department associates and patient care coordinators, ensuring that supplies and equipment arrive on a timely basis. 13. Works closely with the Supply Chain Management Clinical Resource Specialists in resolving any product or equipment issues. 14. Schedules daily ""meet 'n greet"" within assigned departments. 15. May work as a liaison for Saint Joseph Health System (SJHS) RHM as it relates to any established committees within SJHS and/or Trinity Supply Chain Management. 16. Assists Supply Chain Management and receiving in resolving any invoice problems. 17. Performs monthly check of expired product. Maintains excel file for items donated to missions, submitting documentation monthly to manager for social accountability reporting. 18. Prepares for and performs annual physical inventory. Receiving 19. Receives incoming shipments of supplies and equipment from vendors and unloads shipments from delivery truck by hand and/or using push carts. 20. Inspects items visually in order to verify accuracy and condition of shipments received from vendors, and compares number of items, description and code numbers with information on packing slips. Records and/or reports discrepancies or damaged/defective merchandise before signing receipt or invoice. Locates purchase order for merchandise arriving without purchase order number.
Ships damaged or incorrect material to vendor for credit, repair or replacement.
Operates a variety of mechanical equipment such as forklift, hydraulic lift and handcart to move equipment/stock to appropriate locations.
Responds to inquiries regarding delivery of supplies/shipments from vendors. May initiate contact with vendors regarding shortages and/or back orders. Receives and processes ""emergency"" requisitions for supplies held in inventory, and assembles and delivers supplies requested.
- Stores supplies and equipment according to established storage locations (i.e., shelf, refrigerator, bin, and so forth) and inventory recycling procedures.
- Maintains departmental files of packing slips, purchase orders, and other related records, retrieving records as requested to assist in resolving invoice discrepancies and related problems.
- Deliveries non-stock orders to departments and obtains signature on all delivery documents.
- Responsible for placing the fixed asset tag on all capital equipment orders and forwarding appropriate information to Materials Management, Finance and Accounts Payable as needed.
- Obtains Biomed and/or facilities inspection approval prior to delivery of any and all electrical equipment.
- Maintains effective two-way communication within the Supply Chain Management department and the Trinity Health Supply Chain Management.
- May be required to float to other areas providing relief coverage as directed by Supervisor. Surgery Department
- Acts as the primary contact for Trinity Health SCM for contract management through Trinity/Consorta.
- Orders and receives all special order items and delivers to the appropriate location. Manually checks the perpetual inventory and PAR areas for replenishment through the inventory management system as it applies to Surgery, SPD or CVL, including the review of the auto-replenishment and cycle counts of the perpetual inventory.
- Assigns bin locations to new items for Mishawaka Campus utilizing the “item add and maintenance” function in the Supply Line application. At times items may need updating. This is also done utilizing the “item add and maintenance” function.
- Works closely with department associates and patient care coordinators to provide supplies ensuring that they arrive on a timely basis for physician satisfaction. Communicates with physician office and associates on special interocular lens orders for scheduled procedures.
- Works closely with associates updating the patient charges. Obtains all pricing of implants and/or goods that are brought in for procedures that are non-stock including validating the price and quantity for proper invoicing following the bill only process.
- Keeps Inventory Manager, Cath Lab, Surgery SPD associates aware of any backorder issues or unusual requests that may involve rescheduling of cases.
- Assists inventory manager with the analysis of pricing and service levels of preferred vendors for contractual consideration, as required. Assists SPD with the borrowing and lending of items. Sends requests to accounting to bill other hospitals for supplies purchased.
- Provides finance with information on “bulk buy” opportunities for product savings.
- Keeps list of items donated to missions and turns documentation in to manager for the social accountability.
- Assist in determining and communicating product substitutions when issues arise. This would include working with the Cardiac Cath Lab associates, Surgery, SPD, Trinity procurement, and Vendors. Linen Team
- Provide relief and may deliver Linen to all areas of the Hospital as needed.
- Pulls soiled Linen carts as needed to support Linen Team.
- Combines Linen carts as needed to support Linen Team. ALL Above Areas
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Some college or appropriate technical training preferred, but not required. Post-high school education should focus on clinical product application in cardiology, general ledger, purchasing, information systems, computer applications or accounts payable. Licensure: None. Experience: One year of ordering, purchasing, inventory control and/or general accounting required. Must have demonstrated an ability to function under short time frames, correspond and negotiate with others clearly; demonstrate self-motivation and capable of managing multiple priorities. Prefer one year of experience in Materials Management. Use of electric hand held scanning technology preferred.Other Job Requirements: Must have knowledge and possess computer skills including use of standard office software. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Job Number: 00117987
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Health System
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift