Trinity Health Home Health Care RN, Full Time, Saint Joseph PACE in Mishawaka, Indiana
Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Home Health Care Registered Nurse for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today’s fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Saint Joseph PACE provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. This position reports to the Home Care Coordinator.
General responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrates nursing care to and instructs enrollees and families in treatments and other self-care interventions.
- Participates in the development and revision of the plan of care working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team; maintains timely and accurate documentation of services.
- Assesses health needs and contribute to the plan of care, initial implementation of nursing care plans and providing nursing care as well as periodic re-evaluation of individual and family nursing needs.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team (IDT) and in initial, semi-annual, unscheduled, and annual assessments; attend morning updates and report changes in participants’ baseline status to appropriate staff on a daily basis.
- Assure that documentation for home care is accurate, current, and that the home care documentation is up to date.
- Provide on-call coverage during center hours of non-operation.
Candidates will have:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nursing Degree program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Indiana. BSN preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years' experience in a home care setting.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience in the provision of nursing care, including assessment skills, health education, and current nursing treatments and protocols solid problem solving skills and a high level of accuracy and thoroughness in documenting the delivery of services.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels in the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills. Must have the ability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy, ability to prioritize tasks in a highly automated setting and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.
Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
To apply for this position please visit the career website page at http://www.trinityhealthpace.org
Job Number: 00110853
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Trinity Health PACE
Facility: Trinity Health PACE – Saint Joseph PACE
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift