Trinity Health Home Care LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Contingent - PRN, Saint Joseph PACE in Mishawaka, Indiana
Saint Joseph PACE, a member of Trinity Health, is seeking a Home Care Licensed Practical Nurse for its location in Mishawaka, Indiana. Saint Joseph PACE provides a competitive compensation package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. This position reports to the Home Care Coordinator.
Saint Joseph PACE is proud to serve the older adults of the Northern Indiana with a broad range of lifestyle and health choices for seniors. We offer a full aging service network with life plan communities, health care and home- and community-based services for older adults, as well as community outreach to those in need, that is unrivaled in the communities we serve.
Saint Joseph PACE, located in Mishawaka, Indiana, is a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) model. PACE is a unique program which can assist elders to live safely at home or with their loved ones with the help of a team of health care professionals. PACE provides a full spectrum of health care services for frail elderly individuals who are certified to require nursing home care. We are centered on the belief that it is better for seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community wherever possible.
General responsibilities will include:
- Provides skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to participants according to professional nursing standards and primary care orders in the homecare setting.
- Demonstrates nursing care to and instructs enrollees and families in treatments and other self-care interventions.
- Participates in daily program activities and provides comprehensive plan of care to meet participant needs and promote optimum health, independence and self-care.
- Assure that documentation for home care is accurate, current, and that the home care documentation is up to date.
- Provide on-call coverage during center hours of non-operation.
Candidates will have:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Nursing Degree program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Indiana. Active CPR certification or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years' experience in a homecare setting.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Experience in the provision of nursing care, including assessment skills, health education, and current nursing treatments and protocols solid problem solving skills and a high level of accuracy and thoroughness in documenting the delivery of services.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations.
- Candidates should have excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple levels in the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills. Must have the ability to meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy, ability to prioritize tasks in a highly automated setting and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to work as part of a team.
To apply for this position please visit the career website page at http://www.trinityhealthpace.org
Job Number: 00095824
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Trinity Health PACE
Facility: Trinity Health PACE – Saint Joseph PACE
Employment Type: Part time