Trinity Health Culinary Support - Mishawaka Medical Center in Mishawaka, Indiana
The Culinary Support Associate prepares and cooks all meals for patients, staff, and visitors guests of the Medical Center, including special events. They understand and adhere to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
*Qualified and interested candidates may email Talent Acquisition Partner Jordan Marcum at *Jordan.email@example.com_ for more information._
- Compensation Range: Minimum: $12.00-Maximum $15.90
- Locations: positions are available at the Mishawaka and Plymouth Medical Campuses.
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, and PRN opportunities available.
- Reviews daily preparation sheets.
- Procures necessary foods to fulfill menus.
- Prepares food according to recipes and times prescribed.
- Dates and labels all items prepped or opened to be stored/refrigerated.
- Checks and records cooler and freezer temperatures at beginning and end of shift.
- Rotates product to keep from spoiling.
- Coordinates over production to best utilization.
- Keeps work area and equipment clean.
- Checks menu for the following day to ensure all items are available and, if not, report shortage to Lead Cook or Director.
- Assists in food preparation for special events.
- Works tray line in serving position for breakfast and supper.
- Assists with Patient Meal tray delivery when required.
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Ability to read, write and make mathematical calculations.
- Licensure: Hold a valid Servsafe Certification or become Servsafe certified within the first 90 Days of employment.
- Experience: Two years experience in institutional volume cooking.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Treats the customer in a friendly manner, meeting the customer’s needs.
- Maintain open communication with all staff and customers.
- Report all accidents or incidents promptly.
- Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Saint Joseph and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Number: 00177924
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time