Trinity Health LUHS Web App Developer in Maywood, Illinois
Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to ""also treat the human spirit."" The Information Technology Department seeks an experience Infrastructure Architect-Web App Developer. Job Summary The Web App Developer will maintain client applications that are created and accessed via Internet/Intranet architectures. Analyzes and resolves user and system performance issues, plans and designs modifications to existing programs. Conducts analysis of systems and procedures, recommends improvements.
- Analyzes user problems with assigned application software and follows through, in accordance with TIS procedures, to achieve resolution and ensure application functionality.
- Able to act as lead application developer and understand user requirements necessary to assist in the analysis, design and creation of intuitive clinical and financial applications.
- Plans and designs modifications to existing applications.
- Codes, tests and/or implements new application systems and programs.
- Develops common solutions for common problems across all client locations.
- Performs detailed system studies and analyses of current procedures in accordance with predetermined plans, schedules and methodologies.
- Evaluates systems performance utilizing appropriate analytical software.
- Reviews systems operation to detect problems and areas for improvement or modification.
- Submits conclusions, recommendations and cost and feasibility reports to management.
- Responsible for the technical consulting component of client information system implementations, including education and problem solving.
- Consults with clients to clarify operational, procedural and informational requirements, in order to maximize system utilization.
- Plans, monitors and, as needed, executes the installation of systems and coordinates activities during implementation.
- May function as project team leader in the installation of new or revised applications, processes, major enhancements or issue resolution.
- Plans, evaluates the results of, and, as needed, and completes testing of application or enhancement test sessions to determine whether programs and systems function properly before being placed in a client production operations environment.
- Participates in developing and evaluating standards for testing and production preparation.
- Functions as application expert or assigned software, providing in-depth technical guidance.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and vendor changes, industry trends and client requirements to enhance client/TIS future planning and maximize system utilization.
- Evaluates new application functions and features to enhance client’s business.
- This may include primary contact with vendors.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with software vendors.
- Develops common data linkages and data standards throughout the company.
- Ensures that, prior to implementation, job setup and documentation is prepared according to company standards.
- Serves in an on-call capacity for end user support, technical problems and systems maintenance during off-duty hours to provide around-the-clock client coverage.
- Rotates on-call shifts with other staff members.
- Audits and evaluates on-call issues for process improvement opportunities.
- Maintains system files for all assigned applications and monitors end user-maintained files for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates with TIS staff, operations and end users to ensure accuracy, reliability, consistency and overall integrity of the client’s databases.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities
- Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and
- Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve
- problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in
- the Service Excellence standards.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- Specify Degree(s): Computer Science, Business, Healthcare or a related field
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of application language, operating systems, host tools, hardware platform, file structures and access methods, as normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Healthcare or a related field
- Two or more years of related experience in area of application, working with systems
- Analytical skills for documentation preparation, problem resolution, planning and designing programs, assessing application interdependencies and analyzing client’s functional operations.
- Knowledge of analysis and design tools and techniques.
- Written and verbal communication skills to Interact effectively with end users, TIS staff and vendors.
- Presentation skill to assist in marketing support activities.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Requires the ability to concentrate, meet deadlines, and work on several projects at the same period and adapt to interruptions.
- Must be capable of traveling in the course of completing project assignments.
- Frequent over time is required to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change frequently.
- Must be able to travel to the various Trinity Health sites (20%) as needed (may or may not apply).
- Comprehensive knowledge of application language
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Job Number: 00114209
Location: Maywood, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-Loyola University Medical Center
Employment Type: Full time