Trinity Health Anesthesia Technician - Ambulatory Surgery Center and Main Operating Room in Maywood, Illinois
Provides quality patient care by providing technical support to the anesthesia providers and the surgical team. Ensures anesthesia equipment and supplies are in a state of readiness. Primary work areas include (1) Main Operating Room (Russo OR), (2) Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC), and support of all other areas where Anesthesia services are provided (e.g. Labor & Delivery, GI Lab, Cath/EP Lab, IR, etc.).
- Performs laboratory tests in the Anesthesia Blood Gas Lab providing lab results to the anesthesia providers.
- Provides technical support to the anesthesia providers and the surgical team. 1-Following proper procedures in setting up of transducers. 2- Timeliness in providing required equipment. 3-Following proper procedures in stocking, cleaning and disinfection of anesthesia carts and equipment. 4-Has an understanding of the operation of equipment used in anesthesia. 5- Provide supplies and equipment as needed during surgical procedures to the anesthesia provider. 6-Completes the anesthesia turnover between cases, not delaying the start of the following procedures. 7.Assists the anesthesia providers in difficult airways, trauma case and as needed. 8. Provides the needed equipment and supplies used in the remote anesthesia locations in the hospital.
- Provide for patient safety by ensuring that equipment utilized, is correctly set up. 1-Following guidelines in the processing and set up of endoscopes and endoscopic equipment, and cleaning of equipment following universal standard precaution, wearing PPE. 2-Cleaning/disinfection of anesthesia equipment correctly between patients. 3-Cleaning/disinfection of anesthesia equipment in the OR suite at the completion of the OR schedule.
- Team member functions. 1-Attends anesthesia staff meetings and inservices. 2-Communicates effectively with coworkers, anesthesia providers following department ground rules. 3-Assisting co-workers as needed. 4-Identifying opportunities for improvement, within their own job, and for the team. 5-Anticipating the needs of the anesthesia providers, and other members of the surgical team.
- Quality outcomes 1-Participating in QA projects 2-Assist with following the internal and external regulatory standards
- Other duties as assigned
Job Number: 00116015
Location: Maywood, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-Loyola University Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift