Trinity Health Cardiac/Telemetry Tech - Cardiac Stepdown Unit - Full Time - Days in Mason City, Iowa
Hourly Pay Range: $12.62 - $17.50
*This position would be able to do various roles including Cardiac Tech, Telemetry Tech, and Visual Monitoring.*
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., every 3rd weekend, every other Holiday.
The Cardiac Tech assumes the flexible role of providing specialized care as a nursing assistant, visual monitoring tech, and telemetry technician. Training will be provided for the Visual Monitoring and Telemetry Technician position.
- Nursing Assistant: The nurse assistant provides patient care under the supervision of the registered nurse. This care focuses on personal hygiene, nutritional needs and activities of daily living.
- *Visual Monitoring Technician: *In addition to the Nursing Assistant job description, the Visual Monitoring Technician is responsible for monitoring patients requiring close observation via remote camera monitoring. This colleague works cooperatively with the nursing staff and other patient health care personnel to maintain a safe environment and ensure optimal patient safety and comfort.
- *Telemetry Technician: *The Telemetry Technician provides ongoing observation and interpretation of cardiac rhythms; prepares and maintains telemetry records and maintains a functioning telemetry system.
Education: High school education or equivalent
Successful completion of formal Nurse Aid course/training verified through transcript or original program certificate of completion, required. Or, registered on DCW registry.
Currently enrolled in an A.D.N., B.S.N., program with successful completion of first semester of A.D.N. program, OR first year completion of nursing courses in BSN OR graduate of an A.D.N., Diploma, BSN or LPN program. Registered on State of Iowa Nurse Aide registry listing as “Active” or eligible, preferred.
Experience: Nursing Assistant experience preferred
Special Skills and Competencies: Strong verbal communication and organization skills Strong customer service skills Demonstrates ability to understand and follow direction Demonstrates responsiveness to needs to patients, families, peers, and professional staff Demonstrates continuous application of proper body mechanics Ability to work flexible hours Demonstrates basic computer skills Displays proper telephone etiquette Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations Completion of training and competency in use of Avasys Monitoring System Demonstrates the ability to interpret cardiac rhythms.
- Competitive wages, including weekend and night differentials
- Benefit Package (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan) for positions 16 hours per week or greater.
- Educational assistance
- Success Sharing - a bonus when the organization meets its goals
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of references, background checks, pre-employment physical, drug screen and post offer exam.
EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled
Job Number: 00090347
Location: Mason City, IA
Organization Name: Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa
Facility: MMCIA - Mercy Medical Cent-East Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift