Northwell Health Dining Service Associate (Full time/Day shift) in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 002D1Z
As a Dining Service Associate you will be responsible for patient meal order selection, complete and accurate assembly of food trays, timely delivery of meal service, tray collection and sanitation/ ware washing.
* Greets patient, informs patient of meal selections and takes meal orders for next scheduled meal. Ensures service excellence standards are met.
* Assists patient in selecting appropriate food choices and recommends alternatives where necessary. Refers patient to Dietitian as required.
* Enters menu selections into diet office computer system.
* Obtains patient feedback and informs supervisor or Dietitian of any issues patient is experiencing with food service, quality or preferences.
* Assembles food trays for assigned patients and follows portion guidelines.
* Delivers trays in a timely fashion and collects and delivers used trays to kitchen at the end of meal service.
* Handles food according to sanitary regulations and department policy.
* Operates equipment and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
* Assists with ware washing of re-usable equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Minimum of one (1) year food service or deli experience and customer service experience, required.
Basic knowledge of food and nutrition principles and/or special dietary needs, required.
Completion of NSLIJ Dietary Training program within 3 months of hire, required.
Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, required.
Proficient computer skills including data entry, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
- Northwell Health Jobs