Vaisala Inc. NOC System Administrator in Louisville, Colorado
NOC System Administrator
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world– and beyond! We offer you a career with a clear purpose and a chance to create observations for a better world.
Innovation is at the heart of our company and we believe in developing cutting-edge technology. With our 1,600 professionals worldwide we intend to stay on top of our game and this is where you come in.
In Vaisala’s Weather and Environment business area, our forward-thinking team focuses on providing solutions to react on challenging weather or air quality conditions.
We partner with our customers to help them make the most informed decisions whenever environmental insight matters.
We are building a Network Operation Center (NOC) in our Louisville office and are recruiting System Administrators to fill three shifts (day 0800-1400, evening 1400-2400, and night 2400-0800). We offer extensive training for our staff and provide a strong career path in our US headquarters office.
You will be in customer facing role and will support monitoring of customer helpdesk and Vaisala owned or Customer owned networks at Service Level agreements (SLA), troubleshooting and escalation for our customers. You are responsible for Tier 1 Customer service and Technical Support and provide Tier 2 level support capabilities.
Your key responsibilities include
• Be responsible for the 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring of customer helpdesk and all critical systems with ability to work on shift patterns.
• Monitor all data center hardware platforms for hardware and operating systems related alerts, errors, warnings and performance.
• Monitor network alarms, create tickets and perform initial triage for issue resolution or escalation
• Troubleshoot & perform basic to advanced level system administration tasks for Windows Desktops and Linux Servers
• Administration of Cloud, Virtual based server systems and Hardware associated with the NOC; updating and maintaining NOC system scripts and applications
• Create, investigate, resolve or escalate trouble tickets for issues received via monitoring systems, telephone, email, or client portals using internal procedures
• Send all incident updates and notifications to defined recipients (internal engineers, management or external customer) as necessary in accordance to defined notification procedure
• Work with field application engineers for troubleshoot visits and installations, ensures that all documentation/reporting deliverables are available to customer as required per the contract or SOW
• Utilize, manage and maintain network and performance monitoring tools to ensure application reliability (Nagios with Nagvis)
Who we are looking for
Skills and knowledge
• Amazon Web Services Platform knowledge: AWS Technical Essentials, Systems Operations on AWS
• Interconnecting Cisco® Networking Devices Part 1 and 2
• Red Hat System Administration I and II
• Familiarity with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Expert Salesforce Service Cloud Skills
• Multi-tasking, self-motivated, team player, interest in troubleshooting and resolving problems
• Excellent customer service skills including communication verbally and written
• Ability to work under stress
• Knowledge of Vaisala products, services, technologies or a meteorological background is an asset
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Technical Certifications are a strong plus and can replace some work experience
Required work experience
• 6 years of experience in Helpdesk, IT or Computer based customer service role
• Advanced technical certifications in networking, network and computer troubleshooting and routing is preferred
The atmosphere at Vaisala buzzes with curiosity because in our line of work there are always things to discover and learn. We embrace new ideas and have bright colleagues from experienced experts at the top of their fields to young talents at the start of their careers.
We take pride in being pioneers who strive to bring about positive changes in both the society and environment, and our work is not done yet. Take advantage of this opportunity and join our team to make a difference!
Vaisala offers a competitive benefits package including: health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, company paid life, long and short term disability, 401K plan with company match and tuition reimbursement. We also offer holiday pay and a generous paid time off plan.
Please include your salary requirements in your application.
To be considered for this position you must currently be eligible to work in the U.S. Vaisala participates in the E-Verify employment verification system. Candidates are subject to a personal work preference assessment and complete background check prior to an offer being extended.
Vaisala is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.