All American Assisted Living at Londonderry Activities Assistant in Londonderry, New Hampshire
Summary: Currently is looking for a Full time or part time activities assistant :
Assist with programs and activities to provide life-enriching events for Residents and the community. Strengthen community involvement through promotion of volunteerism among members of the community and Residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to::
- Assist with planning and implementation of activities in the following categories: physical (exercise), social, recreational, intellectual/educational, creative, entertainment, religious, service/volunteering and special requests of the Residents.
- Help to organize and facilitate a committee of Residents and community members to work on issues of planning for activities and volunteer needs.
- Facilitate socialization among Residents.
- Invite and/or remind Residents to participate in planned activities.
- Promote activities in a way that piques Residents’ interest.
- Chaperone activities outside of the facility.
- Conduct/lead activities as needed.
- Assist to train, support and instruct other staff members to conduct activities.
- Help to complete the activity assessment for each Resident within one week after move in. Update annually.
- Provide input for the Resident assistance plan and volunteer plan.
- Help to plan, coordinate and help implement decoration of the facility for special events, seasons and holidays.
- Identify and requisition needed supplies for planned activities.
- Coordinate food needs with the Kitchen for scheduled activities.
- Assist with planning and implement marketing events that promote the facility to potential Residents.
- Assist with development of a monthly newsletter.
- Help maintain a schedule for the company vehicle.
- Help maintain a schedule for use of the common areas.
- Help to arrange transportation for activity outings and regularly scheduled group trips.
- Drive the company vehicle for Resident activities and appointments.
- Assist in serving meals and bussing tables during and after mealtimes, as needed.
- Identify areas within the facility or activity program that could benefit from the support of volunteers.
- Identify and contact local organizations that could benefit from the talents of the Residents.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure smooth operation of the program and to meet Residents’ needs. Qualifications::
Associate degree in recreational therapy or similar degree preferred.
Valid Driver License
Experience in activity planning with Alzheimer/Dementia Residents preferred.
Experience and interest in working with older adults.
Evidence of creativity.
Demonstration of organizational skills.
Mature, pleasant, friendly and cheerful personality.
I have read and understand the responsibilities of this position. I possess the qualifications indicated and am able to carry out the identified responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Are you creative? Caring? Come join our team!! Our Activities Assistant position is for our 24 resident dementia care Rose Lane program. This is a part-time Friday and Saturday schedule. 9AM-4:30PM! Great part-time job!