Marriott Senior Manager, Operations/ Global Quality Homes & Villas (maternity cover, fixed term until 31.12.2020) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 19161165
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, Operations//Global Quality Homes & Villas supports implementing the audit and survey strategies, accountability, managing 3rd party vendors, and partnering with SDs Owner/Partner/Dev to deploy the Global Quality Program. To accomplish this, the Senior Manager is monitors and provides oversight of operational standards and customer experience programming. Finally, the Senior Manager will track and report function performance. Success in the position demands a driving focus on creation of shareholder value and earnings, as well as a passion to champion new business lines in support of building brand equity and driving customer preference.
· 2-4 years of real estate development, property management, hotel industry or other relevant business experience.
· Mature, professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment.
· Entrepreneurial mindset and experience.
· Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
· Understanding of the local hotel and investment market. Familiarity with local capital markets is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple projects on short timetables and manage staff resources efficiently.
· Willingness to travel frequently (50%) to evaluate homes & villas partners, meet with partner representatives, and evaluate market opportunities.
· University degree in Real Estate, Hotel Administration or Business Administration (master’s degree in related field preferred).
BUSINESS CONTEXT & CORE WORKACTIVITIES
The addition of homes & villas is a strategic investment in Marriott’s earnings growth strategy and an important element in maintaining and advancing the offerings of Marriott’s Lodging System. The Senior Manager Ops/Quality performs a central, critical role monitoring and tracking progress and quality of Homes & Villas.
Homes& Villlas Operations/Quality
· Monitors continent operations across markets, in consultation with GO (ops and global quality) and Continent teams.
· Monitors and continually assess processes the continent team use to manage growing portfolio of partners.
· Track information associated with homes & villas, including systematically tracking property attributes for reporting purposes.
· Develop communication and ensure alignment with MI’s brand team and continent discipline teams to leverage resources and implement relevant standards.
· Performs continent communications, by using appropriate channels to communicate.
· Support the marketing and operations resources in building awareness and establishing quality standards.
· Partner with to deploy and monitor the Homes & Villas QA program (e.g., response time to guests, training for guest-facing talent, issue tracking and resolution, etc.)
· Track adherence to quality policies and procedures by SDs Owners and Partners.
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication – Possesses exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and is able to deconstruct problems and projects into execution detail.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor – Possesses exceptional leadership skills. Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building and Contributing to Teams – Strong leader, team builder, advocate, and can effectively collaborate, communicate and cross borders with the intent to bring people together.
· StrategyExecution – Ensures successful execution of projects across technology stacks to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Customer Relationships – Works closely with all types of stakeholders and is able to understand requirements (non-functional and functional), manage expectations, and drive the analyses and design of quality technical solutions on behalf of the infrastructure team while collaborating with the development team to receive and support the requirements through the full lifecycle of an application.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Marriott Jobs