Marriott Luxury Group Sales Intern, Global Sales Organisation (12 months internship) in London, United Kingdom
Job Number 19153536
Job Category Administrative
Location London GSO, 86 Fetter Lane, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Group Sales Intern will predominantly be supporting the Luxury Group Sales Team. This role will entail coordination of all group requests from UK and Ireland markets with use of Salesforce and ISAC and daily communication with over 360 Luxury hotels globally. Brands include The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, Bulgari, St. Regis, W, The Luxury Collection and JW Marriott. The Group Sales Intern will be involved in the coordination of direct sales activities as well as client events throughout the year and will be expected to professionally represent Marriott International Luxury Brand portfolio and manage responsibilities that ensure a strong relationship as a liaison with customers and each property.
The position is available from January 2020 for a 12 months period.
• Assist in coordinating travel opportunities including Tradeshows, industry roadshows, sales appointments, familiarization trips
• Represent Marriott International Luxury Brands
• Develop and maintain respectful working relationship at all levels of the organization, including London GSO and with property based Group Sales Managers, while working within the hierarchy to ensure results and goals are achieved.
• Knowledge of top group accounts by markets
• Support efforts to identify Development Accounts
• Manage special projects when applicable
• Develop and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of key Group hotels and destinations
• Maintain strong relationship with property sales teams including Group Sales Managers and Sales Coordinators
• Assist with scheduling and preparing for customer presentations to accounts based upon customer needs
• Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base and hotels
• Communicate with clients to gain full understanding of decision making process including history, key decision factors, time line, and decision hierarchy
• Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with all members of Global Sales Offices
• Promote positive relations with customers and employees
• Support Luxury Global Sales Office initiatives by assisting in increasing the London Luxury GSO team revenue production, using negotiation skills to maximize conversion of group leads, while utilizing effective sales skills in overcoming objections
• Maintain knowledge of Marriott International Luxury Brands portfolio; develop knowledge of basic hotel capabilities related to numbers of rooms and meeting space capabilities and all hotel characteristics as relevant to Group segment
• Maintain level of knowledge of the competition's product
• Comply with all Global Sales Office policies and procedures
• Field and prioritize all incoming inquiries and opportunities, analyze the capabilities of the request and manage distribution of these inquiries to appropriate hotel (s).
• Evaluate leads and offer comparable alternative Marriott International Luxury Brands locations to existing proposals, where applicable.
• Assist with incoming phone calls (when necessary) in a pleasant manner within 3 rings, following Marriott Luxury Brands telephone etiquette.
• Handle internal and external guest opportunities by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction
• Ensure paperwork is processed to clients, other departments, etc., with a timely manner. Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner
• Produce weekly and monthly production reports with Sales Manager production and individual property production figures.
• Send monthly production spreadsheet to Corporate office by 7th of every month
• Produce quarterly production reports per manager
• Maintain updated list of key group contacts and each Marriott International Luxury Brands property worldwide
• Organize all group correspondence per account and lead and set up tasks for relevant follow up
LEARNING & APPLYING TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
• Maintain and continuously develop computerized file databases of complete customer and account history using Salesforce
• Develop reporting mechanism to continuously educate hotel managers on the updated status of accounts
• Maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems - Outlook and Salesforce and ISAC
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain positive relationships with customers (both internal and external)
• Working knowledge of Outlook and Salesforce preferred
• Sales skills with strong and ethical sales principles and processes
• Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision, even under pressure and as a cohesive team member
• Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment
• Ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult and demanding situations
• Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow-up
• Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of customer and company information
• Ability to enforce the company's quality procedures
• Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to Marriott International Luxury Brands product
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all GSO policies and procedures
• Ensure that processes meet Marriott International Luxury Brands standards in terms of consistency and standardization
• Ability to manage electronic real time communication channels
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Assisting with arrangements for client events and tradeshows and client follow-ups as well as group follow ups
• To assist with all reasonable projects that the department requires
• Order general office supplies, including cartridges, photocopy paper, toner etc. and Marriott International Luxury Brands branded stationary & business cards
• Ensure brochure supply for all hotels is kept full and up to date.
1) English speaking + 1 additional language (desirable)
2) Strong communication skills, written and oral
3) Proficient in basic computer skills
4) Familiarity with Sales/Marketing tools
5) Hotel sales experience
6) Business Development Skills
7) Strong administration skills
1) Additional language skills
2) Creative Talent
3) Desire to pursue career further both in UK and Europe
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required in process
The position will be based in the London Luxury Global Sales Offices (GSO).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Marriott Jobs