ICON Clinical Research Associate Epidemiologist in London, United Kingdom
*Associate Epidemiologist/Biostatistician *
Location: London/Abingdon, UK
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Health Economics & Epidemiology, a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our Health Economics & Epidemiology group has offices in Abingdon and London (UK), New York and Boston (USA), and Vancouver (Canada). We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
The Epidemiology team works on a range of disease areas and study designs. We undertake studies to characterize treatment patterns, disease natural history, burden of illness, disease transmission, relative efficacy, real-world effectiveness and safety, and benefit-risk. We use a variety of study designs to obtain these estimates, including prospective and retrospective data collection; and the analysis of clinical and administrative databases. For many of these studies we provide design, analysis and reporting support for ICON’s late-phase operational arm (Peri-Approval and Observational Research (PAOR)).
The Associate Epidemiologist/Biostatistician will provide research support in the conduct of the study and the development of study deliverables. The particular focus of this position is the analysis and reporting of data from observational studies (prospective and retrospective).
- The ideal candidate will possess*
· Bachelor or Master of Science degree with a strong analytic component (e.g. biostatistics, epidemiology, Public Health).
· Supporting the development of study protocols, including design and analytical considerations.
· Supporting the development of analysis plans for observational studies
· Conducting data analysis and validation for observational studies
· Synthesising the results of these analyses (statistical reports, slide decks, observational study reports)
· Assisting with proposal development, including background research
· Basic knowledge of healthcare/disease processes
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task efficiently
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, and one or more statistical packages
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills
This is a permanent, full time position based in our offices in Abingdon/London, UK
- /ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment./*