Trinity Health Strength and Conditioning Coach- in Livonia, Michigan
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team as a _Strength and Conditioning Coach _awaits YOU!!!!
- The Strength and Conditioning Coach provides sports performance training to contracted teams and athletes as a staff member.
- Trainer will work under the supervision/direction of the Sports Performance and Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides performance training services for contracted teams and athletes
- Provides supervision and education to Strength and Conditioning Student Interns.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Mary Mercy Hospital/Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning.
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific, development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice. Demonstrates unit/area competencies.
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Gathers data on performance client, team, and organization status to assist the Director of Sports Performance and Lead Strength Coach in monitoring client progress and response to training.
- Following the plan of care established by the Director of Sports Performance, Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach consults with other team members to address the needs and capabilities of the client, group, or team.
- Acts as a liaison between performance client and other St. Mary Sports Medicine services.
- Maintains clear, concise, legible and timely documentation according to established department, Hospital, legal, and payer standards.
- Practices effective communication, and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional behavior.
- Provides for own professional growth and education and contributes to staff development activities.
- Completes other duties as assigned to assist in the smooth operation of the department and hospital. (Examples include clerical work such as charge input, filing and chart review. Assistance at the hospital with transporting patients, assisting in the therapy areas, and patient care under the supervision of a physical or occupational therapist.)
- Provides thorough documentation on each patient interaction. Documentation must be timely and include all pertinent information required by state law, accrediting agencies and 3rd party payers.
- Completes daily charges for each client/group/team while adhering to ethical practices per insurance guidelines for each payer.
Required Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
Completed course work and have obtained certification in exercise training.
Preferred Education, Experience and Certification/Licensure
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in exercise science or other related field pertaining to training fitness and/or sports strength and conditioning . Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) accreditation through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Job Number: 00113269
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift