Trinity Health Sous Chef - Full Time - St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Livonia in Livonia, Michigan
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef, researches and designs new menu plans for various food service programs and customer populations, specifically focusing on current culinary trends and heart healthy cooking.
- Creates and oversees new and upscale menu programs for patient and guest food service operations.
- Inventories supplies and prepares purchasing lists weekly, completing appropriate forms and related computer data entry.
- Keeps recipes, files, and quantity reports relative to these programs up-to-date.
- Assures daily special menus are prepared and presented appropriately and on-time by setting production schedules.
- Oversees the work of Cook and Culinary Assistant and serving staff assigned to assist in these special preparations.
- Provides training if necessary to other staff.'
- Prepares all complex and high skilled culinary dishes, following established production guidelines.
- Maintains responsibility for the quality of the end point product.
- Adjust recipes when necessary with the approval of the Executive Chef.
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef, conducts research into customer likes and dislikes and makes appropriate changes to menu offerings utilizing customer suggestions.
- Acts as lead person in the production area.
- Relieves for Chef/Manager when necessary.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two to three years related experience preferred.
Job Number: 00085425
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift