Trinity Health Respiratory Therapist in Livonia, Michigan
The Registered Respiratory Therapist, under the guidance of a supervisor, renders professional respiratory care to patients within an assigned unit or floor within the hospital, in support of medical care as directed by medical staff and pursuant to objectives and policies of the hospital. Utilizes the order communication system.
- Orients patients to their treatments and develops measurable respiratory goals for each patient at their level of growth/development/age group and understanding.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates aerosolized medication treatments to children, adult and geriatric patients.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates aerosol and humidification therapies to neonates, children, adults and geriatric patients.
- Assesses, administers, monitors, evaluates oxygen therapies by various modalities.
- Performs bronchial hygiene airway suctioning techniques.
- Responds to CODE BLUE calls in all hospital locations and performs basic life support maneuvers, assists with intubation, ventilation and transport on neonates, children, adults and geriatric.
- Re-certification completed bi-annually.
- Demonstrates proficiency in assembling and operating ventilators for neonates, children and adults.
- Maintains, monitors, and appropriately adjusts continuous life support so as to assure proper function and therapeutic effectiveness for all age groups.
- Draws arterial blood gasses, reviews results, and directs the results to the attention of the physician on adults and the aged.
- Monitors respiratory parameters as indicated.
- Performs other related duties such as chest physiotherapy, sputum collection, PPD testing, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy program.
- Current BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- RRT certificate credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Two years experience preferred
Job Number: 00122460
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: 12 Hour Night Shift