Trinity Health Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room in Livonia, Michigan
_This position will work two 8 hour shift's and two 12 hour shift's per week_
- The Operating Room Registered Nurse performs the duties of a scrub and circulating nurse following hospital policies.
- Anticipates patient surgical case needs and plans accordingly.
- Implements and documents the nursing process to provide direct individualized patient care.
- Accurately documents operative information in the electronic medical record.
- Administers and monitors medication, treatments and coordinates patient care in accordance with physicians’ orders and according to established hospital policies and procedures.
- Educates patient and significant others on the role of the staff nurse in providing patient care and the desired outcome of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and in other areas identified during assessment.
- Functions in the role of patient advocate, protects the patient safety rights as stated in the Patient Privacy Act.
- Nursing degree required; BSN preferred.
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse License, required
- BLS required.
- Two years of varied operating room experience, required.
- Excellent customer service skills and computer proficiency required.
- This position does require participation in on-call rotation.
Job Number: 00098647
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift