Trinity Health Registered Nurse Operating Room - St. Mary Mercy Livonia in Livonia, Michigan
- The Operating Room Registered Nurse performs the duties of a scrub and circulating nurse following hospital policies.
- Anticipates patient surgical case needs and plans accordingly.
- Implements and documents the nursing process to provide direct individualized patient care.
- Accurately documents operative information in the electronic medical record.
- Administers and monitors medication, treatments and coordinates patient care in accordance with physicians’ orders and according to established hospital policies and procedures.
- Educates patient and significant others on the role of the staff nurse in providing patient care and the desired outcome of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and in other areas identified during assessment.
- Functions in the role of patient advocate, protects the patient safety rights as stated in the Patient Privacy Act.
- Associates degree in nursing required; BSN preferred.
- Current Michigan RN License
- BLS required.
- Two years of varied operating room experience required.
- This position does require participation in on-call rotation
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00153313
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift