Trinity Health Patient Care Technician - Operating Room in Livonia, Michigan
- This position will be working from 11a - 7:30p.
- Assists in room turnovers and case preparation.
- Delivers patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Transports patients as required.
- Patient Care Tech is assigned to rooms as needed throughout the day.
- Refrigerator and positive pressure monitoring.
- Daily stocking of general supplies, gloves, blankets, IV and irrigation fluids
- Weekly equipment cleaning
- Radiation badge delivery
- Assist in room turnover
- Clean the rooms (wash tables, wipe down equipment, mop floors and any case-dependent cleaning)
- Pick up and dispose of trash (through metal detector), dirty linen and used suction canisters
- Make up room with clean linen, linen bag, trash bags and suction canisters
- Gather all equipment for all cases and have ready outside of room at turnover.
- Remove and return equipment no longer needed from rooms and obtain and wipe down equipment that is needed (OEC, monitors, etc.)
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly prior to the start of the case
- Ensure all positioning aides are set up in room for start of the case (chest rolls, pillows, sandbags, etc.)
- Ensure case cart is completed and ready to go for prior to the start of the case, pull supplies and equipment utilizing pick list
- Assist with moving patients and positioning
- Empty sharps containers from rooms and replace with new ones
- Obtain blood from blood bank
- Deliver specimens to lab/women’s center/pneumatic tube system, morgue
- Act as runner for assigned rooms (I.e., equipment, supplies, x-rays, irrigation, etc.)
- Assist in opening of sterile supplies during room set up.
- Maintain IV and irrigation fluid stock
- High School Graduate.
- Previous Patient Care Associate experience and Nurse Aide Certification preferred.
- Student Nurse completion of a Medical/Surgical rotation.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments/equipment.
- Visual and aural acuity.
- Turning, stooping, stretching and lifting. Lifting requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds frequently and 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
Job Number: 00176282
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Rotating Shift