Trinity Health Patient Care Assistant/Clerk- Inpatient Rehab- St. Mary Mercy Livonia in Livonia, Michigan
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care as a Patient Care Assistant/ Clerkin the InPatient Rehab_ _Department awaits YOU!!!!
**St. Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS) is one of the nation's top healthcare service providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving communities in 21 states with 86 hospitals, 128 continuing care facilities and home health and hospice programs.
**St. Mary Mercy Hospital is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
Performs clerical duties by assisting the professional nursing staff by performing routine duties in caring for assigned patients in a designated area. Utilizes the Order Entry computer system, and is a resource to employees utilizing the system.
- Answers telephones and relays messages, making calls as necessary.
- Assembles charts for transfer and discharges, obtains record from Medical Records and post charges.
- Sets up appointments for special procedures as necessary with appropriate departments.
- Maintains cleanliness and general order of unit.
- Performs Patient Care Associate duties as assigned (refer to Performance Standards).
- Demonstrates ability to utilize computer inquiry, order entry, test results inquiry, message and printer functions.
- Makes a manual requisition for patient orders for Registered Nurse approval during emergencies, codes and downtime.
- Obtains and documents order numbers for verified orders.
- Maintains unit patient log. Orders and maintains necessary clerical supplies.
- May be responsible for assuring that patient medical claim data used for billing purposes accurately reflects the clinical care provided by the patient care department by:
- Acquire and maintain a complete understanding of department charges, charge order sets, department CDM and charge capture processes.
- Perform charge capture on a daily basis (same as date of service).
- Perform charge reconciliation on a daily and monthly basis.
- Identify and investigate variances between Cerner and HealthQuest and ensure a timely resolution of issues.
- Demonstrate competence on applicable software system(s) and how to access, retrieve and print reports from Quest/Vista.
- Obtain, review and correct errors per error report(s) or upon request.
- Refer to the Department Charge Management Manual for authoritative and department specific processes and timelines.
- High School graduate.
- Previous Patient Care Associate experience preferred.
- Completion of an organized patient Care Associate course offered by a college or other community facility with clinical experience.
- Completion of Patient Care Associate.
- Training in/completion of Order Entry computer system.
- Completion of Clerk orientation.
**Why St. Joseph Mercy Health System?
*Competitive Salaries and Shift Differentials
*Rich Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time off, Retirement Saving Plan with employer contribution option, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 21 different states!!
Job Number: 00074971
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift