Trinity Health Patient Care Assistant - Pre/Post Operative in Livonia, Michigan
The Pre/Post Operative Assistant is a skilled, unlicensed individual with direct patient care responsibilities. An active participant in the implementation of the nursing plan of care, the PCA is accountable to and works under the direct supervision of a professional pre/post operative Registered Nurse to perform delegated aspects of nursing care.
- Demonstrates competency in selected technical/psychomotor skills as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates competency in the data collection phase of the nursing process.
- Assures all equipment is functional before use.
- Demonstrates competency in handling and preparing equipment and supplies with proficiency..
- Performs select nursing interventions related to the cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and musculoskeletal systems.
- Assists physician/nurse with select diagnostic procedures and treatment modalities.
- Assists with admission, transfer, discharge, and transport of patients.
- Obtains and maintains necessary supplies for unit
- Understands the role in external/internal disaster.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support required
- Computer knowledge
- Must have knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in providing related patient care services.
- Must be familiar with various departments and general regulations of the hospital.
- Must have understanding of standard techniques used in providing services for patients and caring for equipment and supplies.
- Must have understanding of basic aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of patient and self, and/or contamination of equipment and supplies.
Job Number: 00107087
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Night Shift