Trinity Health Nurse Externs- Contingent- St Mary Mercy Livonia in Livonia, Michigan
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Nurse Extern awaits YOU!!!!
**St. Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS)__ is one of the nation's top healthcare service providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving communities in 21 states with 86 hospitals, 128 continuing care facilities and home health and hospice programs.
**St. Mary Mercy Hospital is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
This mentorship offers student nurses a unique opportunity to expand their clinical knowledge, reinforce nursing skills and increase clinical competency in relating theory to practice. You will have access to educational programs and in-service trainings (including EKG classes for those on progressive care units), mentors with experienced Registered Nurses, networking with other student nurses and gaining individualized experience in an area of interest.
We are offering internships in the following areas:
10 – Medical/Surgical
2 - Surgical Services
- A 3.5 GPA (minimum) or above
- Currently attending and in good standing at an accredited school of nursing. Enrollment in a Bachelor's program is preferred (willneed to sign BSN agreement if program is an associate degree).
- Remain in a continuous Full Time Nursing Program
- Successful completion of 2 Clinical Rotations (Medical/Surgical clinical rotation is required and any additional clinical rotation)
1.Apply online to this posting. Please be complete and thorough.
2.Submitting the followingcomplete Application Packet by the application deadline date.The deadline date is Saturday, March 9, 2019.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS:
- A current transcript (official or unofficial)
- Identifying your nursing area of interest.
- Two Reference Letters
- A letter identifying why you should be selected as a Nurse Extern at St Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital.
- Current BCLS (Basic Life Support Certification) certification.
- (Please note: The application packetmust be submitted as one full packet. Individual documents will not be accepted).
You can send your Completed packet either by US Mail or email:
Email is email@example.com
St Mary Mercy Livonia Hospital
Attn: Human Resources Dept- Chontelle G.
36475 Five Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48154
_Why St. Joseph Mercy Health System?_
*Competitive Salaries and Shift Differentials
*Rich Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time off, Retirement Saving Plan with employer contribution option, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 21 different states!!
Job Number: 00118704
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift