Trinity Health LPN in Livonia, Michigan
The primary purpose of your position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day
nursing activities performed by nursing shift staff. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and
local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, as may be required by the Director of Nursing or
Clinical care Coordinator to ensure that the highest degree of quality of care is maintained at all times.
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned
to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or
appropriate by management.
- Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity
Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents,
visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm
environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role
model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
Maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the department.
As assigned monitors department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel (if applicable),
work assignments, etc., to ensure proper work flow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum
regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours
- Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from
other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses
issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring
- Participate in community surveys and when necessary assist in development of a plan of correction for department
Demonstrate knowledge of Sanctuary initiatives and implementation of the various processes.
Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing personnel assigned to you in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care community.
- Cooperate with other resident services when coordinating nursing services to ensure that the resident's total
regimen of care is maintained.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the community's quality assurance program
for the nursing service department.
Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as necessary.
Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident's admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
Chart nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well
as the resident's response to the care.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation
policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician while observing the 5 rights of medication
Licensed Practical Nurse Manager.doc Page 2 of 3
- Review medication administration, treatment administration records for completeness of information, accuracy in
the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Make daily rounds of your unit/shift to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Clinical Care
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance
with our established procedures.
- Administer professional services such as; catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing
dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion
exercise, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required.
Assist in training nursing department personnel.
Monitor your shift's personnel to ensure that they are following established safety regulations in the use of
equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that your assigned work areas (i.e., nurses' stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) and your unit’s
resident’s care rooms and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your
unit/shift at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered.
Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the Director of Nursing
and/or Administrator indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance. Follow
community's established procedures.
- Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to
work effectively with residents and personnel.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance
with the community policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate
Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a
manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an
approved LPN program.
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in this state
Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification
Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred
Supervisory experience preferred.
Must lead by example and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism
Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional
teams, customers and end users.
Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic
knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system in PC LAN environment. Ability to type
with speed and accuracy.
Licensed Practical Nurse Manager.doc Page 3 of 3
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision making abilities with
the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures
of the organization.
- Position requires minimal travel (less than 10%) within the Community’s geographic region and to home office in
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters.
Must be able to see, hear and smell or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that
the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting.
Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 3 ½ feet and be
able to push, pull, move and or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet. May be necessary to assist in the
evacuation of residents in emergency situations.
Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
Dexterity of hands and fingers.
Coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
Must possess the above ability with or without the use of prosthetics that will enable adequate functionality so that
the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Subject to exposure to noise, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB, HIV, HEP B viruses. May
be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile individuals
within the community. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this community, which include a medical and physical examination.
May be required to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and other positions temporarily when necessary and may be subject to call back during emergency conditions. May be required to work on shifts other then those which originally hired.
Job Number: 00123715
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Trinity Health Senior Communities
Facility: TSLC - Marycrest Manor
Employment Type: Full time