Trinity Health Database Analyst- FT/ 40hrs - St Mary Mercy Livonia in Livonia, Michigan
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Database Analyst awaits YOU!!!!
**St. Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS)__ is one of the nation's top healthcare service providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving communities in 21 states with 86 hospitals, 128 continuing care facilities and home health and hospice programs.
**St. Mary Mercy Hospital is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
The Database Analyst is responsible for the design, administration, development and expansion of a multi-source data warehouse to support business intelligence, advanced analytics as well as routine health system continuous improvement. This is a key position in an innovative environment in which team members see how their work is used to improve patient care.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information management or related field; Certification in Microsoft SQL Server (preferred).
- Experience working in the healthcare industry (required).
- Three to five years of experience in a Microsoft SQL environment with significant responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of current data structures, database theory and database administration concepts.
- Proficient with MSSQL Server 2000, MSSQL Server 2008, SQL, and Sybase, stored procedures, importing/exporting data, back-up/restoring databases, cursors, triggers.
- Knowledge of FTP and ODBC Connectivity
- Proficient knowledge of SAS, Bases SAS, SAS macros, INTERNET, ACCESS, CONNECT (strongly preferred).
- Business Objects, Desktop Intelligence, Tableau, Web Intelligence (preferred). Demonstrated ability to use mathematical concepts to measure and analyze business results.
- Familiarity with basic retrieval, security and back-up.
- Expert ability to use Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Documented ability to collect, analyze and present data accurately and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen as demonstrated through experience in multi-functional areas and/or in-depth experience leading a complex operating environment.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to work effectively with various levels of organization.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
_Why St. Joseph Mercy Health System?_
*Competitive Salaries and Shift Differentials
*Rich Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time off, Retirement Saving Plan with employer contribution option, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 21 different states!!
Job Number: 00120827
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift