Trinity Health Cook - Part Time - St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia, Michigan
*The Cook position has a flexible schedule with earliest start time being 5:30am and latest time work being 8:30pm. There is a rotation of weekends where you will have every other weekend off. And this position is eligible for health benefits with us as well! What are you waiting on? Apply today! *
- The cook is responsible for participating in the cooking and advance preparation of foods daily.
- The cook prepares, seasons, and cooks food for patients, associates, staff and visitors in accordance with established receipts and menus.
- Demonstrates job knowledge and skills necessary to produce a high quality item(s) for the cafeteria and all special catering functions.
- Demonstrates cost-consciousness and commitment to waste control by utilizing unused portions whenever possible and within departmental guidelines.
- Possess diet knowledge to produce menu items for patients with dietary restrictions.
- Uses menus and work orders to determine types and quantities of food items.
- Meets meal schedules and suggests menu or receipt changes for effective utilization of food and supplies.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred.
- Volume food production, product utilization, advance preparation experience.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation techniques, safe healing and storage of food.
- Knife skills and basic knowledge of kitchen equipment operation.
- Five years quality quantity food preparation experience desired.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Long periods of standing with exposure to extreme temperature, noise and wet hazards.
Job Number: 00095589
Location: Livonia, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - St. Mary Hosp Livonia
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift