Lockheed Martin Material Planner in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a Material Planner supporting manufacturing operations. This role will require you to be organized with exceptional attention-to-detail skills. You will collaborate with manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other key essential team members supporting manufacturing. Individuals in this role typically have 8 or more years of professional experience, are able to work independently, and are self-starters with the ability to think and be dedicated in their efforts.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will support the Mechanical Manufacturing Center (MMC) with expert Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) knowledge and process alignment.
• Team with program customers to define and establish end item requirements.
• You will manage project assignments with master scheduling, material requirements planning, and shop floor control to ensure production schedules are met.
• Provide management and customers with an overall status reporting for assigned hardware from inception through completion.
• You will drive peer disciplines; manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, supply chain, and inventory management as required, in support of manufacturing schedules.
• Provide solutions and process improvements to planning obstacles and inefficient processes.
• You will provide ERP/MRP process guidance to team members.
• Serve as a consultant to management.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Professional experience with material planning in a manufacturing environment.
• Special Skill: SAP Material Planning application execution.
• APICS training / certifications.
• Earned Value Management (EVM) / financial experience.
• Leadership experience.
• Project management experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.