Cambridge Place Certified Medication Aide - $3000 Sign-On Bonus in Lexington, Kentucky
$3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!!!:
CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE:
This position is responsible for providing daily care and services to assure each resident attains or maintains his/her highest practicable level of function under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Current Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Current state certification as medication aide.
- Registered in good standing with registry board
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a long term care setting preferred.
- Ability to follow direction with minimal oversight.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
- Ability to read, speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to tactfully deal with facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc.
- Meet all health requirements imposed by law.
Basic data entry skills and the ability to type. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares and administers oral, eye, ear, nasal, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by physician.
- Prepares and administers PRN medications only after obtaining approval from Charge Nurse.
- Prepares and administers controlled drugs as permitted by the state.
- Documents administration of medications.
- Count controlled drugs when coming on shift and going off duty.
- Reorder unit dose medication per facility policy.
- Apply ice bags and hot water bottles as directed by Charge Nurse.
- Performs job duties as outlined in State Registered Nursing Assistant job description.
- Maintains resident environment in clean, sanitary, comfortable manner that eliminates potential safety hazards.
- Maintains resident’s privacy and dignity.
- Monitor for changes in resident condition and notify Charge Nurse
- Follow established safety and infection control procedures.
- Participates in all required inservice training.
- Maintains safe working conditions and follows dress code.
- Reports to supervisor all complaints and grievances made by residents, families and visiting individuals.
- Adheres to and promotes Code of Conduct.
- All other duties as assigned.