Willis Towers Watson Complaint Resolution Manager – Pensions Administration in Leeds, United Kingdom
Complaint Resolution Manager – Pensions Administration
Date Posted: November 26, 2018
Not ready to Apply?
Management of a team which creates change to improve the quality of the day to day operations of our pensions administration business. A key focus of the role is the management of our complaint handling service which includes provision of support and guidance to the administration teams when processing individual compliant cases.
Application of root cause analysis (RCA) for exception and complaint cases to identify areas for change to improve our operational procedures and controls. Production of management information and analysis of trends relating to exceptions and identifying areas for improvement. Presentation of MI to the leadership team as part of the change management process. Working in conjunction with the operational and systems development leads to generate continuous improvement for our administration casework procedures based on ‘lessons learned’ from RCA activities.
• Manage your career development.
• Agree quality and performance objectives with the Head of Technical Operations. Maintain a monthly rolling schedule of objectives.
• Weekly review with the Technical and Complaints Hub Team to discuss the team’s work position.
• Update Head of Technical Operations on a regular basis, or as necessary, of all current work issues and review, on a monthly basis, all aspects of the role.
• Attend and contribute to monthly Operational Board meetings and cascade relevant information to Complaints Hub Team.
• Contribute to the communication framework, via daily team huddles to include the local implications of firm/practice wide communications.
Technical Knowledge, Processes and Procedures
• Ensure complaints are handled efficiently and expediently, delivering good customer outcomes whilst being managed within the firm’s agreed policies and procedures and client requirements.
• Ensure compliance with organizational and regulatory procedures to improve risk management and ensure strong professional excellence performance.
• Ensure that the team maintain accurate, appropriate and consistent records of all complaints using the Quality Database. Carry out regular checks to validate and enhance existing controls across all operational areas handling complaints.
• Drive Root Cause Analysis for all complaints, giving feedback to business areas as appropriate to promote our culture of continuous improvement.
• Maintain regular checks to validate as correct redress calculations in line with internal policies and tPR guidelines.
• Provide technical assistance on complaint handling to the team and/or wider business when required.
• Develop and continue to embed and maintain companywide awareness of complaint handling best practice.
• Promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement being open and proactive to improvements and carrying out improvements. Actively participate in the development and ongoing maintenance of the team’s processes, policies, procedures and standards.
• Understand the appropriate WTW Policies & Standards applicable to your role, remain appraised of the external legal and regulatory environment.
• Responsibility for maintaining department risk registers (as applicable), providing evidence and commentary for controls, updates for Mitigation Actions and maintaining control matrices and attestations. Also, to ensure that team members are aware of their responsibility to identify and report risk
• Demonstrate the company’s values and appropriate behaviours.
• Contribute to any ad hoc projects or policy updates as required.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
• Detailed understanding of requirements specifically around complaints handling
• Awareness of external regulatory environment in relation to complaints handling and monitoring
• Maintain a good working knowledge of all WTW TAS systems and products.
• Liaise with Professional Excellence team to produce practice level Management Information and to develop the TAS best practice for complaint handling across all teams.
• Use Root Cause Analysis findings to drive change and improve WTW TAS controls and processes.
• Manage a team of Compliant Handlers maintaining positive communication, motivating and coaching all team members to ensure they achieve set objectives.
• Define responsibilities and roles of the team members and ensure that all members understand their roles.
• Contribute to the resource strategy and recruitment plan of the Practice and identify future resourcing needs (and skills required/lacking).
• Manage recruitment and selection process locally.
• Carry out performance/appraisal reviews and where necessary initiate performance management.
• Manage career development locally, to include coaching, mentoring, leading and monitoring.
• Contribute to the colleague training and development programme for the Practice.
• Demonstrate leadership skills and provide direction and guidance to team.
• Experience of collaborative stakeholder management, specifically at customer facing and senior management levels
• Ensure an efficient, professional complaints management service is provided to meet all client/members’ needs and to promote the WTW brand and values.
• Maintain control over the Technical and Complaints Hub Team and their workload in terms of quality and achievement of service levels.
• Liaise with Operations and Administration Managers to ensure that all administration teams follow the WTW standard complaints management procedure.
• Identify areas where the service to clients could be improved and/or expanded.
• Take lead and, where necessary take ownership, for individual complaint cases which are escalated to the Technical and Complaints Hub Team for processing.
• Work with Client Managers and Administration Managers where required to negotiate claim settlements with clients and individual complainants.
• Demonstrate commercial awareness within the WTW TAS business.
• Provide leadership and decision making within remit of financial approval limits to conclude and settle compensation cases for the benefit of WTW TAS but applying TCF principles for the scheme members and clients.
• Control and produce Management Information for TAS leadership group in relation to financial outcomes for complaint settlements.
• Proven and established experience in operating within a complaint handling environment
• Preferred experience within a Third Party Pensions Administration or Consultancy environment dealing with occupational pension schemes
• Relevant professional qualification from PMI or CII
• Experience in managing and leading a team
• Clear and effective communication skills – verbal and written
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational skills, able to priorities key tasks and focus on delivering them
• Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
• Flexible approach and positive attitude and communication style
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com .
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact : Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to Apply? at https://willistowerswatson.avature.net/WTWTalentNetwork
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+ Share on Pinterest
Share on Linkedin
Share by Mail
Location:Redhill, England, GBLeeds, EnglandWelwyn Garden City, England
Date Posted:November 26, 2018