Trinity Health Unit Clerk, Pool 7a-7:30p in Langhorne, Pennsylvania
The primary purpose of this position is to improve quality. To provide clerical support to the nursing staff through medical records maintenance, ordering supplies and equipment, transcription of physician orders and handling inter and intra departmental communications to assist with the coordination of patient care.
- Greets visitors, patients, families and physicians and directs them appropriately.
- Answers the telephone, directs all calls appropriately, takes an accurate message and delivers to the appropriate individual.
- Maintains communication resources, ex: on-call schedule, MD phone numbers, and beeper numbers.
- Demonstrates telephone etiquette.
- Answers patients’ call lights and assists patients promptly.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with the Nurse Manager and staff.
- Communicates any problems, concerns or issues promptly to the Nurse Manager.
- Follows written instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares charts for new admissions assuring all required forms are placed appropriately in the chart.
- Places laboratory results, test results and other documentation in the appropriate section of the patients’ chart.
Job Number: 00068905
Location: Langhorne, PA
Organization Name: St. Mary Medical Center
Facility: SMLPA - St. Mary Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift