Trinity Health Patient Transport Part-time Position in Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Job Specific Competencies
- Understands services policies as they relate to the position, functions in accordance with them and understands the expectations and limitations of his/her role.
- Observes for and reports safety hazards and broken vehicles to the Lead Transporter for immediate repair.
- Transports patients on stretchers, beds and wheelchairs from one area of the hospital to designated area within the hospital campus, maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for the patient being transported.
- Promptly reports any concerns of patients and/or happenings during transport to appropriate personnel.
- Observes and follows isolation technique during transport.
- Cooperatively assists in lifting patients in and out of bed as requested, exercising proper lifting techniques.
- Maintains a daily log of all transport calls rendered.
- Participates in the cleaning and delivery of equipment to Central Supply.
- Assists in the delivery of supplies, equipment and linen when necessary.
- Cleans wheelchairs and ensures each area has an adequate number.
- Participates in conferences related to his/her work.
- Maintains required certification.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire, disaster and risk fall programs and policies.
- Utilizes universal precautions, when necessary, in performance of responsibilities.
- Keeps incident log of transports.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Position requirements:BLS - issued by the American Heart AssociationFingerprint ClearanceChild Abuse History Clearance
Job Number: 00120402
Location: Langhorne, PA
Organization Name: St. Mary Medical Center
Facility: SMLPA - St. Mary Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time