Mennonite Home Communities Shuttle Bus Driver - Part-Time 1st/2nd Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Must be able to work flexible hours, to fill in as needed, taking residents on special trips. Must have valid Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.:
The purpose of this position is to shuttle employees and residents between Mennonite Home and Woodcrest Villa and to maintain vehicles.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible to care for all Mennonite Home Communities vehicles; ensure that vehicles are at appropriate places.
- Responsible to keep garage clean.
- Responsible to keep vehicles clean inside and out; report any damage to Shuttle Bus Leader.
- Report any misconduct on busses.
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to prioritize and be flexible; good time management skills.
- The ability to plan, organize, and implement job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of checking vehicles and fluid levels to maintain proper operation.
- The ability to work well with staff and residents.
Have a valid PA license; the ability to drive a car, van, truck, or tractor in a variety of weather conditions. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to be available for any emergency that may require additional manpower to ensure normal operations.
- Responsible to complete other tasks Director of Maintenance or Assistant Director of Maintenance assigns.
- Responsible to report any unsafe conditions found throughout Mennonite Home Communities.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
A high school diploma or GED.
- Two to four years related experience driving a bus.
- Must have valid Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement.
- The Shuttle Bus Driver is responsible to the Shuttle Bus Leader, Director of Maintenance and Assistant Director of Maintenance.